• 14(current)
Release Best of NHK
@misty01 - There seems to be a problem with the repository. I tried to install on a new Kodi and it says "Cannot connect to repository". So to make sure, I tried to do "install from repository" on my other Kodi, where Best of NHK is installed and working fine, and it said the same "Cannot connect to repository". It seems like something may have changed, perhaps because github changed everything from "master" to "main"?
(2023-02-20, 23:38)Herouth Wrote: @misty01 - There seems to be a problem with the repository. I tried to install on a new Kodi and it says "Cannot connect to repository". So to make sure, I tried to do "install from repository" on my other Kodi, where Best of NHK is installed and working fine, and it said the same "Cannot connect to repository". It seems like something may have changed, perhaps because github changed everything from "master" to "main"?
Thank you for the problem report. Kodi Nexus (20) made a change in the repository xml file requirements which I was not aware of. It was a quick fix, please download and install the new repository file which should work in both Kodi 19 and 20.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Hi @misty01, there are no videos accessible within any of the folders under NHK World On Demand. Only NHK World Live Stream is available.
(2023-10-06, 18:27)samsonluk Wrote: Hi @misty01, there are no videos accessible within any of the folders under NHK World On Demand. Only NHK World Live Stream is available.
Yep, NHK made changes to the On Demand stuff. No worries, I have it fixed, just doing more testing before I release a new version. BTW, there will not be any 1080 VOD anymore, unless I can find 1080 links, which is very doubtful. NHK made drastic changes and only 720 VOD is available now. I programmed the add-on to select the highest bitrate 720 video and that is the best that can be done. I hope NHK does not make any changes to the live stream. Fingers crossed on that.

Edit: Uploaded the fix to github, the add-on should auto-update.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Hi @misty01,

It seems the 1080 stream is not working.

Changes at NHK again?
(2024-02-09, 18:14)Herouth Wrote: Hi @misty01,

It seems the 1080 stream is not working.

Changes at NHK again?
Yeah, NHK made changes again. They stopped the 1080 stream, well at least the 720 stream is still working.

Just a heads-up, JIBTV made changes to their video stream links, so the JIBTV section of the add-on no longer works either.

At some point I'll have to release an update and remove the 1080 Live and JIBTV section of the add-on.
Thank you. NHK World's service is getting worse and worse. The weekly JIB program is also available only to broadcast users, so the stream (even on the official website) just has the filler video streamed repeatedly. No fault of yours, of course. I'll look forward to the updated addon whenever it's out there.
(2024-02-21, 00:26)Herouth Wrote: Thank you. NHK World's service is getting worse and worse. The weekly JIB program is also available only to broadcast users, so the stream (even on the official website) just has the filler video streamed repeatedly. No fault of yours, of course. I'll look forward to the updated addon whenever it's out there.
JIBTV has really hidden their VOD streams in their latest changes and I can't figure out how to dig up the links.

If your video device connected to your TV has a web browser you can still see JIBTV VOD by visiting https://biz.jibtv.com/

I believe their weekly program only available to broadcast users does become a VOD at the JIBTV website within a day or 2.

Hope that helps.
Released add-on updates.

Main Fix: NHK Live Stream (Fix 720, 1080 has stopped working for a long time now)

Removed non-functioning 1080 links
Removed non-functioning JIBTV VOD
Best of NHK for Kodi 17 and 18:
Attention: Support for this old version is STOPPED!!

After 3 iterations of Kodi that uses python 3 (Kodi 19, 20, 21), it's finally time to stop supporting this older version of the add-on.

Released add-on update Kodi 19 thru 21:

Ver. 3.0.08

Fix: NHK On Demand Playlist and other On Demand enhancements
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best of NHK1