• 7(current)
Prometheus Home Theater PC
(2014-06-13, 23:51)MarcosQui Wrote: The only point that was not understood so far is that from the beginning I'm just complaining about having not been notified.

They are under no obligation to notify you under the terms of the license under which you released your work. If you think you deserve to be notified because of some respect agenda thing, you are wrong. Lesson learned, move on. Next time, choose a different license.
(2014-06-14, 00:00)twelvebore Wrote:
(2014-06-13, 23:51)MarcosQui Wrote: The only point that was not understood so far is that from the beginning I'm just complaining about having not been notified.

They are under no obligation to notify you under the terms of the license under which you released your work. If you think you deserve to be notified because of some respect agenda thing, you are wrong. Lesson learned, move on. Next time, choose a different license.

And possibly miss out on being in the official repo. I think MQ needs to realise what being part of an open source project involves.

Not every 2 bit android reseller says "can I include xbmc on this crap box I put on eBay" and that is no different to a skin.

MQ we all appreciate your work. Thank you and all the other devs, be it coders, skinners or whatever.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Personally I find it strange a member of XBMC came on this thread and picked up on MarcosQui license thing and not prometheus aggressive and attacking tone to other members and not saying anything about that.

but prometheus with regards to MarcosQui did acknoledge tried to comunicate but how hard could it have been to say something on his official thread. and I sympathise with MarcosQui about having respect by getting the "blessing" in order to use his skin, who he must have spent months in time to make. not to mention his skill.

twelvebore, you are out of order. He justs wants aknowledgement for the hard work hes put in. As with every one else part of XBMC they do it for free and some consideration and appreciation is all they would like. So before you slant anyone ask your self what have you done
If someone wants a pat on the back for their work then they should license it accordingly.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Or they can ask for it in their sig Wink
(2014-06-01, 19:44)illiac4 Wrote: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-NEW-...34276.html

It's my first post on the site and I just wanted to thank all of the regulars for their hardwork. While I just signed up, this is far from my first time on the site.

This thread has been very informative for me, especially since I was considering getting one of the prometheus boxes (I know a decent bit about xbmc, but I'm pretty much a noob overall). I'm now considering getting the barebone pc quoted above, but I'm curious about whether I'd be able to install windows 7/8 on it. I know I could just go with openelc, but I'm thinking that having windows might give me more flexibility. I've read something about needing direct x for windows, but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to hardware. Google search did not answer my question...can anyone advise me here?

Also, does XBMC run better on openelc vs. windows?

Thanks guys, keep up the great work!
openelc is far better for just xbmc, but if you want to run other stuff then you need to research what OS "stuff" runs on.

Of course you can install windows on the PC you pointed at, its a PC like any other, only smaller, quieter etc.

By "stuff" I mean games, or other programmes that might run only on windows, or an external 3D bluray player software.
Thanks. Has anyone ordered from aliexpress? Any idea if there are import duties to be paid (and if so how much?). I'm in Canada and thinking of using DHL btw.

I understand that the Prometheus box may be overpriced relative to what you can get on that site, but if duty fees are outrageous, it may not be as straightforward as it's been made out to be,
I have ordered from AliExpress and didn't pay import duties, but I am not in Canada. (The only "import duty" in NZ is GST at 15%, but there is an exemption for imports under $400. So if I bought a job lot I'd be paying).
After thinking this over, I think I'm just going to get a Chromebox for around $200 lol.
Huh Has anyone thought of trying to just port the software to an openElec build yet? I'm sure it'll be easy to pull and compile. Most of us who give a damn about this forum already have our own XBMC HTPC's, most are probably at least Quad Core with better graphics cards than the prometheus anyway. This is starting to sound as if someone is being allowed to proprietize a free OS/software with their overlays. I'm going to attempt to build this atop my current build. I'll let you know how it comes out.

bux Cool
(2014-07-30, 07:06)buxtor Wrote: Huh Has anyone thought of trying to just port the software to an openElec build yet? I'm sure it'll be easy to pull and compile. Most of us who give a damn about this forum already have our own XBMC HTPC's, most are probably at least Quad Core with better graphics cards than the prometheus anyway. This is starting to sound as if someone is being allowed to proprietize a free OS/software with their overlays. I'm going to attempt to build this atop my current build. I'll let you know how it comes out.

bux Cool

port what software? You've lost me!
(2014-06-02, 01:53)nickr Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 01:22)two515ty Wrote:
(2014-06-01, 19:44)illiac4 Wrote: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-NEW-...34276.html

For this hardware, this is a much more reasonable price. It looks like you would still have to add your own memory and/or HDD (although you can run OpenELEC from a USB drive), but it won't cost you $350 lol.
no it has 4g ram and 16g ssd. Ready to go on openelec.

Gonna order this try set it up with openelec for Xbmc I'm pretty much a novice but look forward to the challenge
Big Gringuys what is a decent remote/controller keypad i could ude with this?
just joined the forum and have ordered the hardware that hackermils prometheus box has, i also have a copy of the prometheus img file which is ported from hackermils box, just need to work out how to stick it onto a box
I'm not sure why anyone would want to use his specific install setup. Just use OpenELEC on those mini PCs.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prometheus Home Theater PC1