Simple Media Manager
I'm just looking for something to create the .nfo files for individual video files.

I get frustrated because all of the "good" media management software like Ember or TMM wants to control the entire library and change the organizational structure.

What I am looking for is something similar to this (WDTV Live Info Editor), except to create .nfo instead of .xml files:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wdliveinfo/

It lets me load up the file, scrapes IMDB or other sources for the info, let's you edit the info and then creates the .xml when you hit save. Simple, easy. Doesn't touch the library itself.

I'm just shocked there's nothing out there like that for XBMC. I would pay for this if it were available.
hmm.. whats your problem with (the simple functionality of) TMM?

When you uncheck all graphics, banners, fanarts, moviesets... TMM only downloads the metadata and saves the nfo XML.
If you don't press "rename & cleanup", we NEVER touch your files, or force any structure...
So..?

brgds
Myron
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2014-06-03, 08:49)myron Wrote: hmm.. whats your problem with TMM?

When you uncheck all graphics, banners, fanarts, moviesets... TMM only downloads the metadata and saves the nfo XML.
If you don't press "rename & cleanup", we NEVER touch your files, or force any structure...
So..?

brgds
Myron

Oh, there's certainly nothing wrong with TMM. In fact, of the Media Managers that I have tried, it is by far the best of the bunch and the only one still installed on my system. Ember totally molested my folder structure without warning and I can't even begin to decode Media Companion. I would give you a great endorsement.

I simply don't want to manage my entire library this way. I would rather manage it one file at a time.

I prefer to pick my poster/thumbnail by hand rather than trust whatever the TMDB default gives me and I really don't give a second though to fanart. It can be there or not. I I I would just like to be able to scrape IMDB and then just create an .nfo file to sit alongside the custom poster and let XBMC read the local info when scraping.
ok i got your point Smile

But we just group this "one file at a time" into a single list of movies, instead of opening them one by one.
Disable fanarts, disable "automatic picture download" (to be able to choose them)... and you're ready to change them one-by-one Wink
okok, now stopping this intrusive </advertisement> Big Grin

Maybe some others have a better suitable app in their mind Smile
brgds
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
That's pretty much how I am using TMM right now. I'm sure as my understanding grows I will get better with it. I just get annoyed that I have to go through the whole "Update Sources" process and scan the entire library just to get a single movie scraped and an .nfo created.
Why don't you just create a folder somewhere else where all you do is scrape the movie and then move the new movie to your collection. The "Update Sources" will be a lot faster since it will only scan a couple of movies.
I'm pretty sure that you can do what you want with Media Center Master even though it can do a whole lot more if you want. It is very configurable (if that's a word). The free version has all functionality you should need. Give it a try.

Jay

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Media Manager0