XBMC on a remote PC
Hi.
Installing XBMC on a remote PC can be accessed from leases Remote Network NAS to a source that resides on a different local Lan from the second remote pc?
Possible that nobody has an idea if you can 'have as a solution XBMC installed on remote pc that does not reside on the same LAN NAS to access various content stored on the nas sever ...?
Thank you.
No one gets what you are asking. If you have two machines on different LANs and you configure the network to allow access and you have enough bandwidth it will of course work.
Will it work by it self if you have no clue what you are doing? Probably not.
Thank you for responding.

I'm sorry, but I'm trying to interpret your message ... if I understand it I should configure the network PC remotely with sufficient bandwidth, 20MB? to access the nas that is on other local lan ... to do this there is a step by step guide?

Thanks, and sorry for my imperfect English.
If your networks are connected and the connection is fast enough it will work.

How fast is "fast enough" depends on the bitrate of the media you are trying to access.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi.

As I said, the remote PC in a LAN and the nas server on a different network lan, adsl is about 20MB, the machines are in the same house on two separate planes.

Streaming media on BluRay.

You can 'find solution? or best left to lose ...

With WebDav enabled on Nas and NetDrive2 Client installed on the remote PC, can 'be a solution to the problem?
you adsl do not have 20mb in both directions why it will not work. Connect the two LANs instead. The reasonable solution would be to turn them into one LAN. You probably don't want to do that and then you have to learn how to setup routing between two networks with a common internet break out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on a remote PC0