Handling of non broadcasting channels
Hi

I've recently configured Live TV with XBMC using Argus as a backend. I'm really impressed and everything's working nicely.

One thing I've noticed when flicking through channels if you get to one that isn't currently on air (in the UK BBC3 starts at 7pm, CBBC finishes at 6pm etc) you get a long pause and then an error taking you back to EPG. Is there anyway to get XBMC just to skip those channels.

Ideally I guess you could set start/stop times in Channel Manager.

I can open as a feature request, just wondered if I was missing some way of doing it.

Thanks
What do you mean it "takes you back to EPG"?

I don't think changing the current behavior makes any sense since the same behavior can occur if your backend for some reason can't successfully tune to a channel (e.g. crappy tuner), neither does specifying something in the channel manager since that could change at any time and shouldn't be required anyway.
Oh and don't submit feature requests to Trac, they will be closed. There's a forum section for such things.
If my channel order is as follows:

Channel 1 - ON AIR
Channel 2 - OFF AIR (or not tuneable for whatever reason)
Channel 3 - ON AIR

I'm watching Channel 1. I press the Channel Up button. XBMC waits for a long time, obviously trying to tune, finally gives 'unable to tune' error and then goes back to EPG screen.

I think it makes sense in this situation to just skip Channel 2 and tune to Channel 3. This is what other set-top boxes/TVs that I've used have all done.

Maybe setting times in Channel Manager isn't the best answer but I thought for situations where there are regular times that a channel is off air it would save having to wait for some timeout while trying to tune, if there's no other way to tell that a channel is not broadcasting.
I have the same problem, though it crashes the whole pvr with me. Particularly the bbc 3 and 4 channels you mentioned.

I have to remember to skip them manually and keep having to remind the g/f. Not ideal Smile. If they do accidently select them, it means a full reset to get the pvr working again.

I use nextpvr.
@produno can you file a bug report at trac.xbmc.org and attach a debug log? I've never seen the behavior you're describing so it could very well be a NextPVR thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Handling of non broadcasting channels0