Multiple Rom Collection Browsers
Is it possible to have multiple RBC's running? I would like to have several for like Nintendo, Sega and Sony. If this is possible, how should I do this?
Unfortunately this will not work out of the box. But maybe it works with some hacking (not tested myself).

1. Create multiple versions of RCB by copying the folder "script.games.rom.collection.browser" in XBMCs addon folder. Rename the folder to anything you like, e.g. "script.games.rom.collection.browser.nes".
2. Edit the file addon.xml in every new RCB folder and change the name and the id of the addon. The id has to be something unique (maybe use the folder name), the name will be displayed in XBMCs addon browser or programs folder.
3. RCB references its addon id in the source code. So you have to change every occurance to the new id. I hope that this should only be 2 places:
Code:
1. XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser.dev\default.py
Line 27:    addon = xbmcaddon.Addon(id='script.games.rom.collection.browser')

2. XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser.dev\resources\lib\util.py
Line 14:    SCRIPTID = 'script.games.rom.collection.browser'

As said above, I have not tested this myself. It may also happen that more special features like skin widgets that display RCBs most played roms will not work like this. Please report back if you have tested this solution and how it works.
Thank you for your help. Becouse of that I whent searching in all the files.

That I have done so far, is the following.

Quote:%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\

Kopied "script.games.rom.collection.browser"
Renamed "script.games.rom.collection.browser - Kopie" to "script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser"

Kopied "service.rom.collection.browser"
Renamed "service.rom.collection.browser - Kopie" to "service.Nintendo.collection.browser"

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\

Kopied "script.games.rom.collection.browser"
Renamed "script.games.rom.collection.browser - Kopie" to "script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser"

To speed it up. I use Notepad++. Use ctrl+F to search and search on "rom.collection.browser" than in the search you have a Tab Change (second tab). Again search for "rom.collection.browser" and change to "Nintendo.collection.browser" Than click on the right side on Change all. Offcourse save all the files ;-).
Now you must do this in the following documents.

Inside the new folder. "script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser"

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\Addon.xml
Also change the name of this addon on line 5. To Nintendo Collection.

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\dbUpLauncher.py

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\default.py

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\wizardconfigxml.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\util.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\util.py

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\nfowriter.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\launcher.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\helper.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\gui.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\gamedatabase.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogprogress.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogmissinginfo.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogimportoptions.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogeditscraper.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogeditromcollection.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogdeleteromcollection.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogcontextmenu.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogbase.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\dbupdate.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\configxmlwriter.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\configxmlupdater.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\config.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\pyscraper\descriptionparsefactory.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\pyscraper\descriptionparseflatfile.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\pyscraper\descriptionparsexml.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\pyscraper\pyscraper.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\lib\pyparsing\pyparsing.pyo

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\scriptfiles\applaunch-vbs.bat

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\skins\Default\720p\script-RCB-contextmenu.xml

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\skins\Default\720p\script-RCB-editromcollection.xml

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\skins\Default\720p\script-RCB-editscraper.xml

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\skins\Default\720p\script-RCB-gameinfo.xml

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\skins\Default\720p\script-RCB-importoptions.xml

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\skins\Default\720p\script-RCB-missinginfo.xml

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\skins\Default\720p\script-RCB-removeRC.xml

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\skins\Default\720p\script-ROM_Collection_Browser-main.xml

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\skins\Night\720p\script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.Nintendo.collection.browser\resources\skins\Simplicity\720p\script-Rom_Collection_Browser-main.xml

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.Nintendo.collection.browser\addon.xml
Also change the name of this addon on line 5. To Nintendo Collection Service.

%USER%AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.Nintendo.collection.browser\default.py

It does show up in XBMC, but it gives a script error. So i'm not sure if I get it working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Rom Collection Browsers0