• 43(current)
Release Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)
(2021-12-22, 01:49)ezdropper Wrote:
(2021-12-22, 00:54)Amethyst Wrote: Hi
is there an easier way of installing it? I'm not really good with git and python and that kinda stuff.

Go to the pvagner/service.xbmc.tts Python 3 branch
https://github.com/pvagner/service.xbmc.tts/tree/2to3

Click on Code, Download ZIP, and download the file named service.xbmc.tts-2to3.zip

Go to the pvagner/backends Python 3 branch
https://github.com/pvagner/backends/tree/2to3

Click on Code, Download ZIP, and download the file named backends-2to3.zip

Start Kodi

Go to Add-ons, Install from ZIP file, choose the file named service.xbmc.tts-2to3.zip

Exit Kodi

Extract the file named backends-2to3.zip
Copy the contents to the folder named C:\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.xbmc.tts\lib\backends

Thanks, is there a way that let's me do it without installing the addon in kodi? Like placing it directly in appdata or something? I can't use Kodi without speech, cause I'm blind.
Never mind, I got it installed and it works just as well as it did on v18. This is awesome!
After both repositories have been downloaded and the two folders have been merged, blind people can carry out the following steps so that the screen reader is installed and activated independently:

1. copy the merged folder service.xbmc.tts to addons/
2. copy addons/service.xbmc.tts/resources/settings.xml to userdata/addon_data/service.xbmc.tts/settings.xml
3. create file userdata/keymaps/service.xbmc.tts.keyboard.xml and insert this code
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <f1>NotifyAll(service.xbmc.tts,REPEAT)</f1>
      <f2>NotifyAll(service.xbmc.tts,EXTRA)</f2>
      <f3>NotifyAll(service.xbmc.tts,ITEM_EXTRA)</f3>
      <f4>NotifyAll(service.xbmc.tts,STOP)</f4>
      <f6>Addon.OpenSettings(service.xbmc.tts)</f6>
      <f12>RunScript(special://home/addons/service.xbmc.tts/enabler.py)</f12>
      <numpadplus mod="ctrl">NotifyAll(service.xbmc.tts,VOL_UP)</numpadplus>
      <numpadminus mod="ctrl">NotifyAll(service.xbmc.tts,VOL_DOWN)</numpadminus>
      <plus mod="ctrl">NotifyAll(service.xbmc.tts,VOL_UP)</plus>
      <minus mod="ctrl">NotifyAll(service.xbmc.tts,VOL_DOWN)</minus>
      <equals mod="ctrl">NotifyAll(service.xbmc.tts,VOL_UP)</equals>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
4. start kodi and press F12
Working great, this needs to be added to the official Kodi repository...
today testing in LibreElec for Raspberry Pi 3b+.
Image: LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.80-Milhouse-20200718000045-#0717-g776b589.tar

espeak and Kodi TTS Addon are working well....
hello,
has anyone gotten run tts to work with the following raspberry pi image for libreelec 10.0.2?
LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-10.0.2.img
Hello,
I have just found out there is another guy interested in working on this addon.
He has modernized the addon to Kodi 19 features even further that I've managed to do my-self.
Github: https://github.com/fbacher/service.kodi.tts
Forum thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357602
(2021-06-13, 13:50)flameborn Wrote: @pvagner, I'm trying to use your updated XBMCTTS add-on under MacOS via Kodi 19.1, however, I'm getting an error:

Error Type: <class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>
                                                   Error Contents: No module named 'audioop'

Dear @flameborn,
I have no Mac OS to test with but you are not alone reporting about this.
I had no idea but today I have found something.
Python has an audioop module which is reportedly deprecated since python 3.9 and it will be removed in python 3.11. Your build of kodi includes python 3.8 so it may be an oversight from the people building kodi for mac.
Can you try these steps:
* download python 3.11 version of the wave module from here:
https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/3.11/Lib/wave.py
* Notice it no longer includes references to audioop
* Place the file to service.xbmc.tts/lib/backends/
* Hope for the best.

I am on linux with python 3.10 and if I tamper with my system removing audioop module this makes it work for me so I believe you will manage to get it to work too.

Thank you for the patience with me.

Edit: I found a friend who has tested and confirmed this as working on Mac.
@pvagner for Kodi 20 (nexus) you have to fix this:
xbmc.translatePath is deprecated and might be removed in future kodi versions. Please use xbmcvfs.translatePath instead.

if you need help, I can push my fixes in github repo. best regards
I haven't looked at this in a while. Which repo is being actively developed? Does it work with latest Kodi?
Hi everyone hope you're doing well and staying safe. I'm running macOS Monterey. I would like to run the latest version of Cody with the Cody screen reader is this possible? I remember reading a while back there was some Cody screen reader issues with macOS have they been resolved please? If I can't run the Cody screen reader with the latest version of Cody what version of Cody can I run it with please and is there any way for me to install the Cody screen reader and get it working with out sighted assistance? Your help with these  questions would  be most welcome everyone thank you very much, kind regards tray.
Hi. Would anyone be interested in updating the screen reader addon to work with Kodi 20 and maybe upload it to the official repo again?
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)10