• 14(current)
Release Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)
@ruuk: I do not know if you yourself faced it what I would be describing below, but I myself started encountering more often than before that in video addons like Project Free TV or Genesis that some video sources present security codes to be filled in before streaming the video. I am worried that this practice would likely be increased in a predictable future. Do you have any reflection upon it?
(2014-12-24, 18:13)arsivci Wrote: @ruuk: I do not know if you yourself faced it what I would be describing below, but I myself started encountering more often than before that in video addons like Project Free TV or Genesis that some video sources present security codes to be filled in before streaming the video. I am worried that this practice would likely be increased in a predictable future. Do you have any reflection upon it?

We don't support those addons on this forum due to piracy related content
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
No no, the matter is not to support those addons, but those video sharing sites are legal from which you could watch the uploaded content and some of them use security codes. But anyway, I could understand your point with regard to piracy.
In any case, even if the addon is in the official repository, it would be up to the addon author to add an audio captcha, as I have no way of handling these. So basically you would have to request it from them.
Thanks Ruuk for these latest and greatest updates. I have got a nice christmass present today as most of my issues are now solved / worked around and I can again enjoy full and awesome Kodi Helix experience when running on my HTPC. Just to clarify except wishing XBMC screen reader to better read PVR screens I had issues with other addons when upgrading to their latest versions. I can see no issues at the moment related to this addon.

Thanks once more

Greetings

Peter
(2014-12-25, 19:19)pvagner Wrote: Thanks Ruuk for these latest and greatest updates. I have got a nice christmass present today as most of my issues are now solved / worked around and I can again enjoy full and awesome Kodi Helix experience when running on my HTPC. Just to clarify except wishing XBMC screen reader to better read PVR screens I had issues with other addons when upgrading to their latest versions. I can see no issues at the moment related to this addon.

Thanks once more

Greetings

Peter

I'm glad it's working better for you now Smile

I've done a pull request for a fix that gets the keyboard dialog working again. Hopefully after the holidays die down it'll get looked at and I can get told all the things I did wrong so I can fix it and get it merged Smile

I've got the PVR guide search dialog working great in the addon recently, but it won't be useful until we can get the keyboard dialog speaking again.
Information 
Added a new version to my repository: 0.1.0b.

You can also get it or the repository from the Downloads Page.

Changes:
  • Changed name to "Kodi Screen Reader"
  • Removed NVDA library. To enable NVDA, install "NVDA Controller Client DLL" from the "Add-on libraries" category on my repository
  • Added Recite backend (it is awful - added for completeness plus it was easy)
  • Added handling for the PVR Guide Search dialog (Not very useful until a future Kodi version)

So other than the change of name to "Kodi Screen Reader", the other big change is the removal of the nvda library in preparation for an official repository release. But do not fear, NVDA is easily re-enabled. As long as you have my repository installed you can go to System:Settings:Add-ons:Get add-ons:ruuk's Addon Repo:Addon libraries and install "NVDA Controller Client DLL" which will install a module containing the nvda library, which the Screen Reader will automatically use. You may have to select NVDA in the addon settings to switch it back to NVDA.
Here's a link to the NVDA module zip in case you have any issues: https://github.com/ruuk/repository/raw/m...-1.0.3.zip
I have updated the Downloads Page to reflect the new name change. I've also added a Kodi based installer and updated the XBMC Gotham installer.

EDIT: The windows installer now also installs the NVDA controller client library module.
I can't get window information to read the author, version and description of the add-on as it did before.
I am using 14 helix, nvda and confluence

I can hear the kodi version using the refocus skin.
thanks
(2014-12-26, 10:24)blofy Wrote: I can't get window information to read the author, version and description of the add-on as it did before.
I am using 14 helix, nvda and confluence
Do you mean in the addon browser, for example, when browsing addons to install?
(2014-12-26, 10:24)blofy Wrote: I can hear the kodi version using the refocus skin.
thanks
Is this related to the other statement, because now you are mentioning the Kodi version, and I'm not sure what skin window you are referring to. I'm happy to help but I'm a little confused as to what exactly the issue is Smile
Information 
Added a new version to my repository: 0.1.1b.

You can also get it or the repository from the Downloads Page.

Changes:
  • Improve reading of window extra texts, for example System Info now properly reads the Kodi build info
  • Fix for slideout menu boolean settings not reading properly
  • Fix for slideout menu not reading properly on all PVR windows
Everything is reading fine now.

thanks as always
Hello, while configuring my Kodi subtitle features, I noticed that the KSR does not read the multichoiced selections. Under settings/subtitle menu, we could choose more than one language for which the subtitle could be downloaded. When pressed enter located on each language , the selection turns into green, if I am not mistaken. Yet the screen reader does not notify us if the selection is added or removed. As another problem, in some addons, before you enter there seems to be license agreement dialogues that we need to accept in order to login into the addon. Never the less the Kodi Screen Reader does not notice the Agree/Disagree controlls.
Hi again, I noticed a small issue that Kodi Screen Reader could not reach all the available subtitle languages under download subtitle menu in video osd menu. İt tells the amount of languages but only the first option/language could be clicked. I write this feed-back of course after setting my default tv and movie subtitle service and after arranging my subtitle languages.
(2015-01-02, 08:08)arsivci Wrote: Hello, while configuring my Kodi subtitle features, I noticed that the KSR does not read the multichoiced selections. Under settings/subtitle menu, we could choose more than one language for which the subtitle could be downloaded. When pressed enter located on each language , the selection turns into green, if I am not mistaken. Yet the screen reader does not notify us if the selection is added or removed. As another problem, in some addons, before you enter there seems to be license agreement dialogues that we need to accept in order to login into the addon. Never the less the Kodi Screen Reader does not notice the Agree/Disagree controlls.

I've got a fix for multi-select dialogs that will be in the next update. Please PM me the name of an addon with an agree/disagree control.

(2015-01-02, 17:45)arsivci Wrote: Hi again, I noticed a small issue that Kodi Screen Reader could not reach all the available subtitle languages under download subtitle menu in video osd menu. İt tells the amount of languages but only the first option/language could be clicked. I write this feed-back of course after setting my default tv and movie subtitle service and after arranging my subtitle languages.

I can see what's going on. I'll fix it. You can actually select all of the languages, but if all of the options are variations on the same language, it won't read them because it is only using the language name to detect if the selected item has changed. I just need to have it read and compare the other info.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)10