Solved Video stop with backspace button
What do you mean "previous screen".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
the screen you started playback from. so basically only mounting the stop action to the back button.
Doesn't 'stop' always go back to the screen you played from?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
it does, but he requires the back button to perform the stop action (most likely because the remote doesn't have a dedicated stop button)
Ok done some more testing. I've now tried using a user keyboard.xml file on three different devices running XBMC. My Pi, a Windows laptop and a macbook air.

This is the file I've created: -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<backspace>Stop</backspace>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

This is a mystery to me as it works fine on the Macbook air, but not on the windows laptop or the Pi. I've also tried using <remote> instead of <keyboard>

Any ideas? I am definitely putting the file I've created in the right directory on each device.

(2014-06-09, 02:37)da-anda Wrote: the screen you started playback from. so basically only mounting the stop action to the back button.

Yes correct
Colin15150 you've mentioned it doesn't work in almost all your threads but not once given a debug log as da-anda asked for. With a debug log (which only takes a few minutes to create) your issue could have been resolved long time ago. Your not helping the people that are trying to help you, and therefore not helping yourself

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy
confirmed that it's not working on the PI. Haven't tested other platforms yet - will have a look why. A debug log would help though.
(2014-06-10, 14:37)da-anda Wrote: confirmed that it's not working on the PI. Haven't tested other platforms yet - will have a look why. A debug log would help though.

Thanks for the confirmation. Sorry about not doing the debug log. Will do later and post.

Cheers,
Colin
@Colin15150 - ok, looks like I've been a bit to fast with my confirmation. It's working fine for me on the PI - at least when using a real keyboard. It was not working when I used CEC (actually no idea how CEC is internally handled/mapped - would have to dig the code if required). So yes, please create a Debug Log (please enable debug logging, reboot and then perform the testcase)
(2014-06-10, 15:49)da-anda Wrote: @Colin15150 - ok, looks like I've been a bit to fast with my confirmation. It's working fine for me on the PI - at least when using a real keyboard. It was not working when I used CEC (actually no idea how CEC is internally handled/mapped - would have to dig the code if required). So yes, please create a Debug Log (please enable debug logging, reboot and then perform the testcase)

Thanks. Will do debug log later. I have two pis, - pi, using keyboard and remote, which won't map the back button on videos, but I have another Pi using CEC remote too, though I appreciate the latter would be even harder to map.

BTW are you using Openelec or Raspbmc?
I'm running OpenElec, but that doesn't/shouldn't matter.
This was my test keymap:
Code:
<keymap>
    <FullscreenVideo>
        <keyboard>
            <f3 mod="shift">ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)</f3> <!-- Red -->
            <f4 mod="shift">AudioNextLanguage</f4> <!-- Green -->
            <f5 mod="shift">NextSubtitle</f5> <!-- Yellow -->
            <f6 mod="shift">AspectRatio</f6> <!-- Blue -->
            <f4>3dmode</f4>
        </keyboard>
        <remote>
            <red>ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)</red>
            <green>AudioNextLanguage</green>
            <yellow>NextSubtitle</yellow>
            <blue>AspectRatio</blue>
        </remote>
    </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
Hi Guys,
Really sorry I have managed to get this to work eventually (on my Pi and Windows Laptop), by using the Keymap Editor Program add on. I was previously not using it correctly (I stupidly made the change I wanted in the "Video" section of it, instead of "Fullscreen Video").

Therefore don't need to use the debug log and use XML files etc. Sorry this thread dragged on when I could have sorted the problem ages ago.

Only thing left is that I need to map a few buttons like this on a remote using CEC (a Panasonic Viera remote). I won't be able to try it till the weekend, but will try Keymap Editor again. Will post if I have any problems.
could you share the final keymap so that we know what was required?
(2014-06-10, 23:26)da-anda Wrote: could you share the final keymap so that we know what was required?

Sorry for the inexperience here. How do I get the final keymap?!
well, the addon has to create some keymap xml file so that XBMC can use it. In case of OpenElec, browse to the IP of your PI in Windows-Explorer and go to userdata->keymaps - there you should find a XML with whatever name containing your new keymap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stop with backspace button0