Automated Media Center with finished Playlater recordings, XBMC, Filebot,.....
Due to changes made with recent updates to Playlater software this will no longer function correctly, but the individual software still work just not together

Automated Media Center with finished Playlater recordings, XBMC, Filebot, Media Companion, and Eventghost

THIS IS NOT FOR AUTOMATING RECORDINGS, BUT TO AUTOMATE MOVING AND RENAMING AFTER THE RECORDING IS FINISHED

Automated Media Center will move(organize), rename, scrape artwork, download trailer, update XBMC and send you an email telling you the new name of the file and where the file was moved to after PlayLater is done recording.

You can also use this to just move (organize) PlayLater recordings and rename it so the file name is more appropriate, you will need to use "my media" to view it with the new name

VIDEO DEMO

Programs you will need:

Media Companion for your artwork, info files, and trailers (not needed for "My Media") Here

Filebot used to rename and move video files and sends you an email for new file location the best part is this script can tell the difference between movies and TV shows.
more information on the AMC script Here
Download Filebot Here

Eventghost watches the media folder and ties everything together
Please read this tutorial on how to use Eventghost Here
Download Eventghost Here

PlayLater and XBMC

Media Companion
after downloading the file you will need to unzip the folder and place it where you would like. I made a video to show you how to use media companion and what settings you want to turn on. you can view the video Here

FileBot
simple setup here just download the program we will create a .bat file to use with Eventghost this is a command line version of the AMC script from Above

okay first thing we need to do is create a .bat file for Eventghost to run

this is an example of the .bat file I'm using

Code:
    filebot -script fn:amc "F:\XREC" --output "F:" -non-strict --def     gmail=yourusername:yourpassword  [email protected] excludeList=amc.txt

Change "F:\XREC" (This is the folder where your Playlater records to) and "F:" (This is where you want to move the videos to) to the correct drive and folders for you

where it says: gmail=yourusername:yourpassword (this is the sending email)should be a gmail.com account, so if your email is [email protected] and the password is “Fakemail” then it would look like this

Code:
gmail=fake123:Fakemail

mailto= is used for the receiving email, if you don't want to use two emails and have it emailed back to the sending email (email your self) then you can remove mailto=username@email.com

ok so now that we know what we need to change we can put it into a new text file
then click: file - ”save as”

Name it: AMC.bat

under file name change file type to “All Files” save it to a safe place so you know where it is

Eventghost
this is where the magic happens, Eventghost is used to tie all the programs together and make them run only when needed. To set up Eventghost it will be easier to use a video to walk you through setting it up, you can watch the video here

copy and paste this code in the macro that launches MC_COM (make sure you leave a space after the file path and leave the quotations)

Code:
"mc_com.exe -e -m"

****found that the -V is what was causing media companion to chime when it was done running****

Enjoy

Thank You to the creators of:
Media Companion
Filebot
Eventghost
XBMC
PlayLater
Hey there,

Joined here just to post this message.

Thanks for this and your videos! I'm watching your videos and setting this all up now. Have you made any changes to it? anything new I should be aware of?

I'm starting with this, but my end goal is....

MKV into watch folder -> Your setup renames the file, organizes it into the correct folder and adds the meta data -> Then (still haven't worked this part out) handbrake encodes a smaller version and places it in the same folder.

any guidance or direction you might have on this last part would be appreciated also.
hey thanks for the post,

the only change I have made to my setup is I changed it to use Pushbullet instead of gmail sense gmail changed the verifications method it uses,
if you want to use pushbullet for notifications you would need to add:

Code:
--def pushbullet=apikey

Code:
filebot -script fn:amc "F:\XREC" --output "F:" -non-strict --def pushbullet=apikey excludeList=amc.txt
where it says apikey you would add your api key from Pushbullet

as for the handbrake I wish I could help you but I haven't used handbrake before so I don't know anything about it

NOTE: if you copied the main code from above you will want to copy it again I noticed a mistake that would cause it to fail (<code> and </code> where left behind from a copy and past I did from another forum post) sorry for the inconvenience
I did a quick search for handbrake and their Command Line Interface to see what could be done by Command Line and I found this page that shows all of the commands that can be used through Command Line

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide

you could use Eventghost to execute the commands directly or you could create a .bat file and have Eventghost trigger that .bat file

good luck and if you need help I'll try and help with what I can

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automated Media Center with finished Playlater recordings, XBMC, Filebot,.....1