• 11(current)
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless
(2014-12-31, 01:12)jkirk Wrote: None of this is true. I use the CI320 and the CI520 (320 with OpenElec and a 520 with Windows 8.1) and both bitstream over HDMI just fine.
There's a huge list of people upset that the Baytrail Celeron N2820 in the Intel NUC won't bitstream the HD audio codecs in Windows because it lacks a Protected Audio Path. The CI320 has a Baytrail Celeron N2930. Intel is less than clear as to what chips support what. At least some of the Baytrail Celerons don't bitstream the HD audio codecs under Windows. I have a BI320, not a CI320 so I can't speak from firsthand experience, so I will defer to yours.
Thanks guys.
I won´t use Netflix. Only watch movies on mkv files.
About Image Quality, both is same?
On SPDIF output have same limitation on windows?
@Stereodude - sorry for the rudeness of my comments before. I understand that the 2930 does have problems in some instances with Windows and to be 100% honest I switched my CI320 away from Windows to OpenElec some time ago because I was unhappy with the laggy OS performance with Windows on this box. Personally I despise Windows for this type of software so I try to only use it where I have to.

For what its worth to those considering the 320 or the 520/540 - if you want to use Windows I would highly recommend at least the 520. As fritsch stated you have some overhead with the 520/540 for higher quality deinterlacing and upscaling - as well as using higher bitrate MKVs seamlessly. Plus Windows is a PIG so walking the 'low power' tightrope is easier with the 520/540.

@vitaoudi - SPDIF does not support HD Audio (DTSHD/TrueHD) anyway so that would not be a problem. Zotac uses a 3mm to optical adapter as there is no dedicated optical port on these boxes.
Whats up guys?

My ci320 arrived, installed openeLec , and got great quality audio ( DTS HD / TRUE HD) and video.
What is Barging me is that I could not also turn on the unit by Logitech Harmony One.
I used various profiles and nothing . Not able to turn ON on S5.
The worst that when you create an activity, the control will automatically send the command to turn ON Device ,
and this makes the device off .
Does anyone know how fix this?
I thought if I'd edit the keymap of kodi and change Turn On or Turn Off command to Do Nothing.
However not able to find the action of this.
I have same problem with Harmony 650. Can't wake up using the remote.
I ended up using the button to turn it on when I want to use it.
Yeah, I have a 320 with OpenElec installed, apparently you can't wake-on LAN from Hibernate or Standby so it makes using any of the remote apps useless. Also, I paid for a Win 8.1 license, installed it (numerous times) and had huge problems with overscan on my HDTV. Unfortunately the Intel graphic drivers have the overscan adjustment options locked out on the 320 so it's useless to me. On OpenElec it's absolutely perfect @1080p/60Hz & 1080p/24Hz. The Win 8.1 Intel drivers are garbage. So I'm stuck using OpenElec and I can't use any Win 8.1 apps like Netflix, etc.
The BI320 can WoL from S5 (powered off) if you don't have Deep Sleep enabled in the BIOS. Are you sure the CI320 can't?
I'm not sure. I've tried a couple of the remote apps from both my ipad and Nexus 5 and neither one were able to wake the Ci320 once I put it into sleep. I had to do it from the button on the box. As for hibernate, that's a lost cause. My box won't even wake up from that. I have to turn off my box completely.

Unsure if I have S5 off. I have to open the box and reset the BIOS by hand to access it (bug in mine with the 12/25 BIOS) so maybe I'll check it out later.
(2015-01-20, 23:10)Wagg Wrote: Yeah, I have a 320 with OpenElec installed, apparently you can't wake-on LAN from Hibernate or Standby so it makes using any of the remote apps useless. Also, I paid for a Win 8.1 license, installed it (numerous times) and had huge problems with overscan on my HDTV. Unfortunately the Intel graphic drivers have the overscan adjustment options locked out on the 320 so it's useless to me. On OpenElec it's absolutely perfect @1080p/60Hz & 1080p/24Hz. The Win 8.1 Intel drivers are garbage. So I'm stuck using OpenElec and I can't use any Win 8.1 apps like Netflix, etc.

I'm running the CI320 with Windows 8.1 and no overscan issues with a Panasonic 32" TV (I had to tweak the video settings on the TV itself)
Haven't found a way to wake the device after the Harmony powers it off.
I have a NUC N2820 in another room and it wakes up nicely.
If anyone succeeded in getting a CI320 to wake up, Please share with us.
I also have an issue with CI320 waking up randomly without a reason. Could that be caused by wake-on-lan setting in the Bios ?
What is the purpose of wake-on-lan and how would one benefit from this feature ?
When I was setting up Wake on LAN on my htpc with windows 8.1 it was very touchy and woke constantly. It turned out to be related somehow to ipV6. Disabling ipV6 in all the various spots it is enabled fixed my issue.

The way I use my Wake on LAN is that my htpc is also running my music and video server. With this feature I can wake the computer from sleep from anywhere and access my media, provided I have an internet connection. I imagine it would also be useful if you use some sort of remote control app or feature that goes over your network, etc.
My HDTV has no overscan adjustments at all, so if the drivers don't allow it I'm SOL. The Intel Baytrail drivers are the only ones I've ever seen that don't allow this. Pure garbage.

So I wasted money on a Windows 8.1 license and I'm stuck using OpenElec which has a bug with the Baytrail anyways and locks up constantly. I'm sorry I ever bought this thing.
(2015-01-31, 00:00)Wagg Wrote: My HDTV has no overscan adjustments at all
Is it a RP-CRT or CRT based set?
(2015-01-31, 01:54)Stereodude Wrote:
(2015-01-31, 00:00)Wagg Wrote: My HDTV has no overscan adjustments at all
Is it a RP-CRT or CRT based set?

Neither, it's a Sharp Aquos LCD based set. None of them have overscan adjustments. Just picture mode (pixel per pixel, widescreen, stretch, etc).

For some reason on the pixel per pixel mode Intel Win 8.1 graphic drivers have tons of overscan @ 1080p/60Hz & 24Hz. OpenElec is perfect.
(2015-01-31, 00:00)Wagg Wrote: My HDTV has no overscan adjustments at all, so if the drivers don't allow it I'm SOL. The Intel Baytrail drivers are the only ones I've ever seen that don't allow this. Pure garbage.

So I wasted money on a Windows 8.1 license and I'm stuck using OpenElec which has a bug with the Baytrail anyways and locks up constantly. I'm sorry I ever bought this thing.
Just use 4.2.1 until this kernel bug is resolved or disable C6 mode in BIOS for 5.0 plenty of options... Stop whining. Xbmc also has screen calibration... If nothing else helps.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless1