• 6(current)
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless
Damn, just read a review on German site;

http://www.technikaffe.de/anleitung-180-...indows_8.1

There is a problem with waking the device in OpenElec from sleep, also, they say that waking in windows is limited to Harmony remotes and the Zotac original (if I'm reading it right). I'm back on the fence again Sad
How do ZOTACs perform in terms of Live TV? Is it possible to have full temporal / spatial 1080p deiniterlacing with 520 or 540 on Linux?
(2014-08-08, 09:23)dannysmith43 Wrote: There is a problem with waking the device in OpenElec from sleep, also, they say that waking in windows is limited to Harmony remotes and the Zotac original (if I'm reading it right). I'm back on the fence again Sad

Yes, there is already a thread about it in the openelec forums
http://openelec.tv/forum/41-supported-ha...zbox-ci320
(2014-08-08, 13:33)d1dd1 Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 09:23)dannysmith43 Wrote: There is a problem with waking the device in OpenElec from sleep, also, they say that waking in windows is limited to Harmony remotes and the Zotac original (if I'm reading it right). I'm back on the fence again Sad

Yes, there is already a thread about it in the openelec forums
http://openelec.tv/forum/41-supported-ha...zbox-ci320
Thanks for that. According to Zotac support, powering on from S3/5 is supported, so fingers crossed for a fix!
I spoke to Zotac UK support about powering on from S5 and they are going to get back to me about it tomorrow. Has anyone managed to find UK stock recently? I'm only ever seeing 1 in stock and it disappears shortly after.
Bleh, Zotac support sent me this today;

We spoke on the phone yesterday regarding the CI320 ZBOX and being able to wake from S5 using the integrated receiver.
For the "integrated IR Receiver" (or the ZBOX's Front Panel IR Receiver), not guarantee to work with an "unknown brand" MCE Remote Control Handheld Unit (in general).
This is because different makers of MCE Remote Control Handheld Unit have different IR signal specifications, which may not be matched to the ZBOX's Front Panel IR Receiver.
The following type (Philips brand) IR Receiver is tested to work on this ZBOX :
PHILIPS RC2604323/01G
This Remote (Handheld Unit) can wake the ZBOX from S5 (shut down) mode.
Other brands are not guarantee to work on the ZBOX.
Suggest to look for a remote control kit (including a USB IR receiver).

I responded with;

Thank you for your prompt response.
I assume that using the "PHILIPS RC2604323/01G" waking the device from S5 is completely OS independent? Should matter whether Windows or Linux is installed?

Then I got;

Dear Danny,
The Linux officially not supported on the CI320 Zbox. This remote controller manufactured by Philips, for further information please contact their customer support.

This has put me off to be honest. Think I'll go NUC....
That's the two step "we don't know what we're talking about tango" if I've ever seen it. OS shouldn't matter, but who really knows. WoL from S5 doesn't work after a power failure or the first time you power up a box. The IR receiver could rely on something in a Windows driver to put it in a certain state during shut down. To their credit, at least they didn't just tell you it would work.
Is anyone running ubuntu on the ci320 and can tell if S3 wake via usb device (remote, keyboard) and internal ir receiver is working?
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
Since my dead PS3 thread seems to have also died after one response. I've got a question. I have ripped my entire collection to the MP4 container using h.264, 6 channel AAC and burned in forced subs (as this was supposedly played native on the PS3). This was being streamed via Serviio/Plex/Playon. My plan, since the PS3 finally died, is to switch to XBMC as I've always wanted to use it. I'm not sure yet how I'll use XMBC (on Windows, via Openelec or XBCMubuntu. And I may use this box as my file server with a usb 3.0 attached raid enclosure and get rid of my current file server, not 100% sure on this decision yet.

How well would the CI320 be to play the MP4s both ripped movies and ripped blu-rays so the bitrate varies. The entire house is also gigabit. The CI320 will be connected using HDMI.

Thanks
My CI520 plus arrived today. I can not confirm and issues with temperature. I installed Ubuntu trusty minimal and compiled entire XBMC + PVR on this box. CPU temperature was approximately 64°C after compilation finished.
Temperature during playback (1080i@50 + yadif deinterlacing) does not rise over 65°C.

The CI520 performs excellent running Linux. 1080i@50 with yadif deinterlacing puts ~50% load on the CPU. With MADI MCDI it is ~15% (vaapi driver still has issues)

Really nice box.
Thanks for your info FernetMenta, it's really appreciated. Those temperatures looks really great. I've few more questions if you don't mind. It'd be really help me with purchase decision. I'm pretty much interested how does Intel HD performs in terms of video quality when compared to vdpau decoding. Is it sw decoding or VAAPI?

- How would you compare yadif to nvidia temporal/spatial in terms of deinterlacing quality?
- Is perfect 23.976 playback possible on Haswells and Linux?
- Is it possible to use custom refresh rates or EDIDs with Intel HD through xorg?
- Or would you recommend CA320 (AMD A6-1450) vdpau decoding over CI520?

Thanks Ez.
IMO yadif beats vdpau and all other deinterlacing methods available for XBMC. The code in my master branch (and now PRed to mainline) combines hw decoding and sw deinterlacing. decoding can be done with vaapi, then we read data into system memory for deinterlacing.

Yes, 23.976 is possible on Haswells and Linux. No need for any extra step in setup

Yes, you can load custom EDID

Note that AMD vdpau has no temporal/spatial, only temporal deinterlacing (if I am not mistaken). I have not tested CA320 so not sure how this box performs.
Thanks! Smile Very good news.
Last thing I forgot to ask, is yadif deinterlacer double rate 50p or 25p?
(2014-08-23, 08:53)ezechiel1917 Wrote: Thanks! Smile Very good news.
Last thing I forgot to ask, is yadif deinterlacer double rate 50p or 25p?

It is double, 50p.
Awesome, I'm gonna order ci520 then.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless1