• 8(current)
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless
(2014-08-29, 14:24)fritsch Wrote: I also got my sample today. I am really excited for now.

Just to be clear for everyone here, the sample you are talking about is the same CI520 as FernetMenta?
Yes - CI520.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm curious about that 14 fps. Is 4k HEVC hardware decoding not supported (optimized) by Intel Linux drivers or by CPU itself?
No ... no one supports HEVC decoding on the GPU.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
ah ok, thanks.
Here is a file that is (currently) the upper limitation for this box: http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming....normal.mp4 quad full hd with 60 progressive frames - it limits at arround 52 fps with bilinear scaling :-)

Not a real use case currently and 4K 30fps works fine: http://distribution.bbb3d.renderfarming....normal.mp4
I've been researching small, quiet HTPCs over the past week and it's a tricky business finding something that ticks all the boxes.
- Small, reasonably attractive
- Well thought out port layout
- Quiet.. ideally fanless
- IR receiver built in
- Optical audio out
- Ethernet
- Be able to play my DVD / Blu-Ray ISO collection

The zbox's looked ideal but have some drawbacks.
- No direct Digital SPDIF out apart from the analog audio jack with a converter (My Amp doesn't accept HDMI audio passthru)
- The audio jack is on the front by the IR receiver which wont be the most attractive cabling option under my TV

The search goes on.
New CI520 firmware available

Zotac Wrote:.64Mbit Flash size
.2014/Sept update built
.Improved thermal stability under Stress Test
(Sept / 2014)
Curious how they "improved thermal stability" in a passive system :-)

Most likely they disabled something. Let's see tonight.
Looking forward to your trip report. I'm waiting on my CI520 to be delivered tomorrow.
For now I never had a single issue with my box - I am not sure I want to update the bios :-) - Never change a running system.
I've just ordered a CI320, my first mini-itx to run xbmcubuntu or openelec.

What remote do I need to buy to control this box ?

EDIT: Am I correct I need a MCE remote such as this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Microsoft...417f1e21fb

Will this work if I am running linux ?

thanks
Yes - it will. But with all the limitations the Baytrail's GPU has, which are:

- low quality scaling only
- not performant enough to deinterlacing 1080i50 in high quality.
Would the CA320 be a better choice ? I can change if I am quick !
If you don't need:
- 4K decoding

All AMD GPUs are limited to 2048 x1152
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless1