• 9(current)
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless
(2014-10-08, 12:12)fritsch Wrote: ...But with all the limitations the Baytrail's GPU has, which are:
- low quality scaling only...
Can you explain or maybe link to more information about this? Thanks.

I have annoying thing with cpu power save features in win8.1 (CI320): when I turn off zbox with remote (s3) and then wake it up, zbox disable Turbo, C1E and EIST by itself. Even if I restart zbox the problem persists. I tried reset BIOS to default settings, and it didn't help. I use RealTemp utility to turn turbo, c1e and eist manually. I'm afraid to change sleep settings in bios because I can't change my zbox back by warranty and as some people said in the openelec forum that there have been several bricks after changing the sleep settings (s3/s5) in bios
Nope - I cannot link. Those infos were gathered by myself when have rewritten the VAAPI acceleration.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
That remote will most likely not work. Zotac uses a non-intel / microsoft power-on sequence. I have three MCE remotes (Toshiba, Linksys, and generic CIR). None would power on the device.

Additionally, from what I understand, the OS IR driver sets the wake-up codes, and the BIOS (or IR chip firmware) sets the power-on codes. Currently it sounds like linux does not have wake-up code sequence support. This patch looks very promising.

I ordered a Zotac remote from fleebay today.
Offered $8 and it was accepted immediately. You might try lower.

(2014-10-08, 11:41)tiktok Wrote: I've just ordered a CI320, my first mini-itx to run xbmcubuntu or openelec.

What remote do I need to buy to control this box ?

EDIT: Am I correct I need a MCE remote such as this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Microsoft...417f1e21fb

Will this work if I am running linux ?

thanks

I'm in the same boat with the S/PDIF.
Since the Zotac is really the only machine to "tick all the boxes" (mine were the same as yours) I ordered a 90 degree adapter which eliminates 95% of the front port ugliness.

(2014-09-19, 12:25)owens2000 Wrote: The zbox's looked ideal but have some drawbacks.
- No direct Digital SPDIF out apart from the analog audio jack with a converter (My Amp doesn't accept HDMI audio passthru)
- The audio jack is on the front by the IR receiver which wont be the most attractive cabling option under my TV

The search goes on.
(2014-10-09, 22:07)h0tw1r3 Wrote: That remote will most likely not work. Zotac uses a non-intel / microsoft power-on sequence. I have three MCE remotes (Toshiba, Linksys, and generic CIR). None would power on the device.

Additionally, from what I understand, the OS IR driver sets the wake-up codes, and the BIOS (or IR chip firmware) sets the power-on codes. Currently it sounds like linux does not have wake-up code sequence support. This patch looks very promising.

As for the remote, that one will likely not work.

I ordered a Zotac remote from fleebay today.

I'm in the same boat with the S/PDIF.
Since the Zotac is really the only machine to "tick all the boxes" (mine were the same as yours) I ordered a 90 degree adapter which eliminates 95% of the front port ugliness.

Thanks for the tip on the S/PDIF Connector.
Will come in handy since I'll be going for the Zotac as there really are no alternatives (I can find) out there which meet my requirments.
I am planning to get AMD CA320.

my plan is to run Win 7 and XBMC 13.1 on top of it.
does anyone has this setup? is there any known issues?
How about pass through DTS-HD, does it working or same issue like NUC 2820.

I do not care about 4k at this moment.
wondering why CA320 is more expensive than Intel CI320 given that Intel on has faster CPU (2930)
is there any advantage?
(2014-10-09, 22:07)h0tw1r3 Wrote: I ordered a Zotac remote from fleebay today.

Thanks for this. Tried $7.50, but was instantly rejected, so I just went with $8. Should end up being less than $15 for me shipped to Australia, so it's still a pretty decent price.

As for my CI520, I've been pretty happy with it so far. Using it as my new Windows box. Idle from cold it is sitting only around 50ish degrees. General use it stays under 70. Only when I convert, transcode, play videos using a codec that isn't hardware-accelerated it can get into the mid-80s, even low 90s. Then the major drawback of passive cooling becomes apparent, once you stop with the heavy use it takes quite a while until the idle temp goes back down to 50ish. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it.

There is, however, one major annoyance with it running Windows. There's still a current bug that keeps it running into low memory errors. Supposedly it was fixed with a recent update, but it only seems to have fixed it for specific cases, I still run into it quite frequently. Undecided
Judging from the look of the remote it's not a zotac remote. WESNA/STREACOM used the same remote. Streacom has a reporgramming software of the receiver out on their homepage( for windows) which you might try in order to customize the receiver (not saying it will work but it looks the same). Then you will be able to reprogram it to wake up from a regular MCE remote. Might be worth trying atleast.Note that the program will reprogram the FW in the receiver, so once you reprogrammed it will work the same way on linux.
Hi guys,
I will buy CI320 or NUC N2820 .
I'm preferring the Zotac because has a better CPU.
I´ll use based on linux OS ( XBMCbuntu or Openlec) .
But IR is crucial for me, mainly turn on device by remote control.
Someone managed this successfully ?
I have Logitech Harmony One.
Another question, is the sound by spdif or hdmi output 5.1 ?
So my first unit (ci520) died by only showing the red LED and not reacting to any button presses or anything, bios reset etc. didn't work and I returned it.

Bought from a new place but now I am noticing a high pitched hissing sound even when the device is turned off or in standby?
Does anyone else get this? It's quite silent but you can definitely hear it when you get really close or the room is totally silent.

I am slowly getting annoyed by this device...
Mine does not make a single noise - 100% quiet.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I bought CI320 and installed OPENELEC.
Trying to configure a Harmony 700 remote to control the device. Loaded the Microsoft Media Center profile and can navigate the XBMC functions nicely.
Problem is I can power the device off from the remote but it won't wake up.
Is there any way to get this working ? Not sure what BIOS setting should be configured for IR wakeup to work.
It needs to send a special zotac "wake" signal - if that is the internal IR receiver.

I use a Zotac (AD10 or something) profile for my harmony, the power buttong and the "watch tv" button make it power on.
I have CA320 (AMD)
installed win7 and XBMC on top of windows.
My MCE remote doe not work at all but I connected the usb IR and working fine.(so i am not using built in IR ) If i get a harmony remote, can i use it?

Also all HD audio pass through works flawlessly.
however my cpu hovers around 75 C after watching movie....
My SSD reaches 60 C..... should be worried?
(2014-11-18, 21:12)Ghostface Wrote: So my first unit (ci520) died by only showing the red LED and not reacting to any button presses or anything, bios reset etc. didn't work and I returned it.

Bought from a new place but now I am noticing a high pitched hissing sound even when the device is turned off or in standby?
Does anyone else get this? It's quite silent but you can definitely hear it when you get really close or the room is totally silent.

What's your serial number? My CI520 is G1426.... which I think means it was manufactured week 26 of 2014. My unit is totally silent beyond about 4 inches. If you put your ear right on the device you can hear a slight ticking sound like hard drive seeking.
(2014-11-18, 21:15)fritsch Wrote: Mine does not make a single noise - 100% quiet.

(2014-11-21, 12:01)wizziwig Wrote:
(2014-11-18, 21:12)Ghostface Wrote: So my first unit (ci520) died by only showing the red LED and not reacting to any button presses or anything, bios reset etc. didn't work and I returned it.

What's your serial number? My CI520 is G1426.... which I think means it was manufactured week 26 of 2014. My unit is totally silent beyond about 4 inches. If you put your ear right on the device you can hear a slight ticking sound like hard drive seeking.

SN is G1442...
I figured out that if I enable deep sleep in the bios it will turn totally silent when turned off. The red light will be on for a second or so and then switch to green.
I assume it has something todo with powering the usb ports for wakeup actions or something.

It is a very very faint noise mind you but it is there, more of a humming than a ticking tho.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac CI320-520-540 Fanless1