EPG/Channel List Corrupt (ATSC)
The tvheadend front end is messing up the channel list from my tuner. The back end shows one set of muxes and services, but when the front end loads the services, it mixes up all the channel pointers or something.

I'm using openELEC 4.0.3 on a RaspberryPi. I've also had this exact problem with versions 3.2.4 and 4.0.2 and only upgraded in the hope the problem would go away. The current build uses Gotham 13.1. Tvheadend is version 4.1.2 according to changelog.txt.

Once I manually map the services found on the back end into channels/EPG, I can open them via the Live TV/TV Channels menu pick. They often work right the first time. But, after that, or after editing on the back end, or after rebooting, the channels are all mixed up. The menu picks don't correspond to the channels designated on the Services page.

I've poked around in the linux file structure with SSH to try to verify the settings, and while I can find things that correspond to the settings on the back end, I cannot find what the front end is using to access it, where it is storing any intermediate list, or why the numbers and names are completely unrelated to what I'm seeing on the TV's menu.

The file location for the services are in the directory structure:

/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.tvheadend/dvbtransports

Each detected mux has its own directory, and the channels are recorded as separate files in those.

Here's a typical one:
["_dev_dvb_adapter0_Auvitek_AU8522_QAM_8VSB_Frontend695028615_0001", ATSC channel 51-1 in NYC, service_id 1 on frequency 695MHz., randomly designated as 51-4 by me, and assigned channel #43 in the EPG.]

{
"service_id": 1,
"pmt": 48,
"stype": 0,
"scrambled": 0,
"channel": 0,
"channelname": "51-4",
"mapped": 1,
"dvb_eit_enable": 1,
"pcr": 49,
"disabled": 0,
"stream": {
"pid": 49,
"type": "MPEG2VIDEO",
"position": 0,
"width": 1920,
"height": 1080,
"duration": 3003
},
"pid": 52,
"type": "AC3",
"position": 1,
"language": "eng"
},
"pid": 53,
"position": 2,
"language": "fre"
},
"pid": 54,
"position": 3,
"language": "spa"
}
}

It shows up as channel 10 on the front end, and when selected, results in ATSC channel 7-2 playing, which is on frequency 177 MHz, is manually mapped as "7-2" and was set by me to channel 9 in the EPG.

All the channels are messed up. Where do I even look to see what list XBMC is using? Maybe I can just change the labels to fit what the front end thinks.

Thanks.
I had a similar problem with the channel listings on my XBMC box. I fixed it by letting XBMC use its own numbering system for the channels when
they get imported from the TVHeadend backend. If you use the backend channel numbers in XBMC, your timer recordings will be recording the wrong
channels (as I found out the hard way!).

To fix this and to stop the XBMC frontend selecting the wrong channels, try this:

In XBMC, navigate to Settings --> Live TV

ENABLE the option "Synchronize channel groups with backends"

ENABLE the option "Always use the channel order from the backend(s)"

DISABLE the option "Use backend channels numbers (only works with 1 enabled PVR add-on)"

Then, select "Reset the PVR Database" and select Yes or OK when XBMC asks you to do this.

This will hopefully fix your problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG/Channel List Corrupt (ATSC)0