How do I bypass joystick in XBMC?
Have a Saitek X55 Rhino HOTAS set up on my gaming rig, which I also use for XBMC. When I turn on XBMC, the throttle is causing the menu to jump around and is preventing me from seeing the mouse cursor. I don't want to have to unplug my joystick just to watch a movie.

I see lots of instructions regarding how to set up a joystick or game pad. But how about bypassing the controllers altogether?

Wow, nevermind. I'm an idiot.

Settings -> System -> Input Devices -> "Enable joystick and gamepad support" = DISABLE

Was too close to the problem at first.
What OS are you using?

Joystick support being enabled as default has caused a few issues with Gotham, probably should be disabled.
Windows.
I think debug log would tell for sure, but I think XBMC is picking up system\keymaps\joystick.xml to map your Saitek. You could edit that if for some reason you want to leave your stick enabled in XBMC (not sure why you would want to, but it's an option). A lot of those sticks use a series of buttons as a mode switch/slider and for each positin of the slider, it causes the corresponding button to continuously report as "pressed" which can cause XBMC to go nuts depending on what that button was mapped to. I suppose also for any axis that doesn't "snap back" to a neutral position.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I bypass joystick in XBMC?0