German Age Rating
Hi ronie,

First to say, I like this skin very much, because it is made for people who love to have fullscreen fanarts shown. It's my absolute favourite skin for XBMC.

Age Rating Symbols for Germany seem to be a litte problem, because each scraper and each Media Manager handels this information in a differnet way.
I don't use the scrapers in XBMC, but prepare my movies with "Ember Movie Manager" outside XBMC, before I add them to the library.
Ember writes the german Age Ratings to the <mpaa> tag in the nfo file, and you can setup Ember to do this in two different ways:
or just the Age Value like "<mpaa>16</mpaa>"

The current version of Transparency doesn't handle those values.
I made some litte changes to the "Includes_Variables.xml" of the current Version 6.0.6 to get the correct Age Rating Symbols for the examples above.

I canges Lines 378 to 382 in the following way:
Code:
<value condition="substring(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK18) | substring(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:18) | substring(ListItem.Mpaa,18)">flags/movies/rating/fsk18.png</value>
<value condition="substring(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK16) | substring(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:16) | substring(ListItem.Mpaa,16)">flags/movies/rating/fsk16.png</value>
<value condition="substring(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK12) | substring(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:12) | substring(ListItem.Mpaa,12)">flags/movies/rating/fsk12.png</value>
<value condition="substring(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK6) | substring(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:6) | substring(ListItem.Mpaa,6)">flags/movies/rating/fsk6.png</value>
<value condition="substring(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK0) | substring(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:0) | substring(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:o.Al.) | substring(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:0) | substring(ListItem.Mpaa,o.Al.)">flags/movies/rating/fsk0.png</value>

And Lines 455 to 459
Code:
<value condition="substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,FSK18) | substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,Germany:18) | substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,18)">flags/movies/rating/fsk18.png</value>
<value condition="substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,FSK16) | substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,Germany:16) | substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,16)">flags/movies/rating/fsk16.png</value>
<value condition="substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,FSK12) | substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,Germany:12) | substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,12)">flags/movies/rating/fsk12.png</value>
<value condition="substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,FSK6) | substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,Germany:6) | substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,6)">flags/movies/rating/fsk6.png</value>
<value condition="substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,FSK0) | substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,Germany:0) | substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,0) | substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,Germany:o.Al.) | substring(VideoPlayer.Mpaa,o.Al.)">flags/movies/rating/fsk0.png</value>

I added substings for "Germay:Age" and only "Age" and a special one, which is delivered sometimes by scrapers.
"Germany:o.Al." and just "o.Al.", which meens "no age restrictions".
Second thing I changed is the order of the Code lines from "ascending age" to "desending age", to avoide Age "16" is recognized as Age "6", if only age values are stored in the mpaa tag.

If you like it, and find it worth the effort, maybe you can take this into the next version of your skin.

and appologize for my english Blush, I hope you understand what I try to achieve.

by the way, where are the lines 455 to 459 (VideoPlayer.Mppa) used?

Kind Regards, Rolf
Hi Ronnie,

would it be possible to add the codelines I posted to your default skin code?
Because no current scraper delivers a string like "FSK..." for german age ratings.
All scrapers and webservices I know deliver "Germany:xx".

So it would be a great pleasure if you coudl do this, because everytime the skin is updated, my changes are lost.

Kind regards,
Rolf
sure, no problem. makes sense.
i'll add it :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Great, thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
German Age Rating0