Newbie in trouble :( XBMC Crashing & Hangs
Hi All!!!

Okay, so first off, I'm new to r-pi and XBMC and Linux for that matter, and I'm having some issues in getting anywhere with this thing.

I bought a raspberry pi (512 version) and a fast SD card, then got the XBMC zip from the r-pi website which was straight forward and seemed to get everything set-up really quickly and painlessly.

Booted up for the first time with XBMC on there, and there were tonnes of updates/reloading that apparently needed to be don, so...... I got a cuppa and waited patiently as it said on the screen until everything had completed and have to say it all looked great.

There was an issue initially whereby the screen output by the pi was too large for the TV however, a quick dabble in the settings and I altered the zoom rate which sorted that.

As I'd heard that IceFilm was one of the best add-ons out there, I decided to give that a go, and after looking on the net as to the install process, I had a good idea as to what needed to be done however..........

Going through the process of setting up the background for Fusion, the screen flashed black a couple of times, then seemed to be ok. Thirty seconds (or so) later, it did it again and as before the mouse and keyboard was fine, then after a third time, the screen came back but none of the input devices worked. Sad

I waited a while but still nothing, so I removed the USB plug for the k&m and stuck it in the laptop, both worked fine.Pushed back into the pi and still nothing.

The only way I was able to do anything, was to power off and back on. Got the error from XBMC to say it wasn't happy with me shutting it down without using the proper process, and let me carry on.
XBMC seemed to be okay to start with, but again after a few minutes had the same issue. Sad

One of the messages that came up on boot was that if I was experiencing crash/hang issues, to go to /power on the website however this just talked about the power supply which I've tested replacing for an alternative and it still does the same Sad

If anyone has any ideas/comments of what could be wrong, or what I could try to rectify this, please please help!!!! (though I'm not a Linux, pi or XBMC expert, so please don't go all techie on me too much!!)

Cheers!
Those addons that you mention are not supported here on the forums. Please see the forums Piracy Policy.

As you found out, those addons can be quite devastating to a legit install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie in trouble :( XBMC Crashing & Hangs0