XBMC Icon not showing up atv2
My knowledge of this stuff is very basic! I managed (just barely)to jailbreak my ATV2 (5.3(6105)) and install Xbmc Frodo a number of months back and I've really been enjoying it. Two weeks ago. no matter what I attempted to watch on Icefilms & Project Free TV; they wouldn't playout. Kept getting an error message. I simultaneously received an Xbmc email that announced Gotham and and I figured that an upgrade from Frodo to Gotham would fix my issue...

I have the most recent version of Nito installed on my Mac (running mavericks). I used Nito to "remove xbmc" and it reset my ATV2 and when it rebooted, Xbmc it was gone! Which is what I wanted! Now when I try to "install xbmc" through nito, it resets my ATV2 and looks like it's doing something (gives me the green check mark) but when ATV2 boots back up, there is no Xbmc icon. I've tried this multiple times.

I've also tried installing xbmc manually via Terminal and again, it resets, but still no visible xbmc icon on my atv2. I've also attempted use a PC running windows 7 in hopes that would make a difference.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get Xbmc back on my Apple TV? Unfortunately I have zero back-ups (mostly bc I don't know how). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
This issue has been resolved! I used this to resolve it:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:Insta...Apple_TV_2
did you get this resolved please as I am having same issue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Icon not showing up atv20