Problem between Remote and HTPC
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum but this is more getting hardware to work with the HTPC rather than just XBMC itself.
I set out with a simple goal: 1 fileserver holding various media and a box sitting by the TV to play them.

In pursuit of that I have made blunder after blunder.
  1. The server (N40l microserver) is too slow to transcode video, making it useless as a DLNA media server for my BluRay player useless. This is what pushed me to XBMC and a HTPC
  2. The HTPC I purchased was a Gigabyte Brix which has no IR header or even Linux drivers to allow OpenELEC to use the inbuilt wireless
  3. The IR remote I got came with a USB receiver that wasn't actually a USB receiver, just some proprietary ASRock thing rendering the remote control useless
  4. and today I purchased a USB-CEC adapter, and found I was unable to get any existing remote to interact with the HTPC at all which was the whole point of the adapter.

So I'm scuppered.
All I want to do is to be able to control XBMC without having to run upstairs, grab a keyboard and sit 3 feet from the TV to do anything.
I just wanted to ask here for any tips at all before I end up buying a mix of IR and BT remotes and most likely discover none of them work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem between Remote and HTPC0