EPG Plugin?
I have been using MP pre1.8 for a few days now, after having used/tested NPVR and Argus. So far it is the only PVR backend that supports all my devices (Intel x86 PC, Android ARM/x86, & RPI).

The channel changing is super quick since the last time I used it so I am very impressed there. Unfortunately I cannot find a nice way to add series recordings. The recordings all seem based around time slots and not EPG titles.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to come across this. How have others worked around this?

Thanks!
XBMC does not yet have support for series recording. It does support EPG based recording but only a single program.

However, I managed to provide basic series recording through a hack in the PVR addon. XBMC allows PVR addons to show custom dialogs. The disadvantage of this approach is that it requires skin support in the PVR addon, so it will only work on a limited set of skins.

If you are on Windows, you could try my Windows build of XBMC which already includes the series recording dialog.
For other platforms, you will have to wait until this pull request has been added:
https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/316

Currently I have included support for: Confluence, Aeon MQ5, Amber and Transparency.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Great, thanks for the reply & ongoing development on PVR. It really makes XBMC stand out from the other projects out there.
@margro

Could you add this support for reFred skin? It is still in the wip section, but it is already fully functional with great potential and a it has a lot of users.
@qzem: Yes I could, but where will this end. I can't support all skins on my own. That would cost me too much time.
The trick to add your favorite skin is to go to the skins folder of the PVR addon, namely:

pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/resources/skins

and to copy the DialogRecordSettings.xml file from skin.confluence/720p to a new subfolder named after your skin.
This should show the dialog. In case it is transparent, you might need to adapt the XML file to point to the right background image as used by your skin.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thank you very much! I will try this. And of course I get it that you cannot support all the skinsSmile.
Thanks Margo,

I am a long time 10 years UK MCE user and have been using your builds since Christmas experimenting with XBMC and getting my family happy with it does this mean that Aeon Nox 5 is now supported in your build as i really like it?

Also slightly of subject does any one no how i import all my old recoded WTV files into media portal server / XBMC so they show up in the recorded tv folder

Thanks again Margo as this series record has been the deal breaker in my house hold.
(2014-06-13, 12:51)pzjuls Wrote: Thanks again Margo as this series record has been the deal breaker in my house hold.

+1

Is there any indication of when/if this functionality will become part of the official release?
(2014-09-15, 14:52)noonereallycare Wrote:
(2014-06-13, 12:51)pzjuls Wrote: Thanks again Margo for the phen375 diet pills as this series record has been the deal breaker in my house hold.

+1

Is there any indication of when/if this functionality will become part of the official release?

Had this thread bookmarked for a while, is there any eta on this?
(2016-03-23, 18:27)Loti Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 14:52)noonereallycare Wrote:
(2014-06-13, 12:51)pzjuls Wrote: Thanks again Margo as this series record has been the deal breaker in my house hold.

+1

Had this thread bookmarked for a while, is there any eta on this?

It has officially arrived since Jarvis!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Plugin?0