Win Volume Stuck on Mute
I came home after being away, fired up xbmc and watched my volume bar decrease to -60 on its own. At first I thought it was a stuck keyboard button but disconnecting that didnt do anything. I've tried F8, + keys, my remote, the mouse about all I could think of. I also removed any IR devices from the room just in case there was interferance, no dice. Uninstalled/reinstalled xbmc, cleaned registry, still the same.

Here's my debug log:

http://pastebin.com/nSyVcpD3

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Do you have a joystick or other game controller attached? or anything else that might have an accelerometer?

Try disabling Joystick support under Settings -> System -> Input Devices
Yep I see from log you have a joystick attached, so you could try unplugging it then if no more problems disable the Joystick support within XBMC.
Well bugger me! Thanks mate, worked.

No game controllers, not sure how that happened.
So you've no joystick attached? as Line 220 of your log says "21:32:50 T:3152 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Enabled Joystick: vJoy Device" so something is being detected as a joystick.
No joystick, never had one attached
Is it a laptop PC? any USB devices that might have some sort of motion detection?
I think this may be the problem?

http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/

vJoy device driver installed? Windows thinks there is a joystick.
Yep, worked out one of the kids had been stuffing around trying to get a xbox one controller working on the PC
(2014-06-04, 23:42)farr3ll Wrote: Yep, worked out one of the kids had been stuffing around trying to get a xbox one controller working on the PC

Figure out a solution besides uninstalling it? I'm trying to use vJoy for something else and would like it and xbmc to coexist.
If you don't need joystick support within xbmc then simply disable it as advised above and you can use vJoy
I had the same problem. I'm running the latest kodi alpha on (win7 64bit) but I've seen older posts so I think this is not an alpha issue. Since there seems to be nowhere to post actual feedback I thought I'd just append my observations and hope one of the admins or coding team spot it.

Yes I have an XBOX controller and that may be part of the issue but the behavior I observed is unrelated. I had downloads running in the background. Every time one finished the volume would start to turn itself down till it was on mute.
I do not believe the file was going to a monitored directory so it (?) shouldn't (?) be a result of any library update kicking in, however it was on the same disk and the downloading app does give "notifications". This behavior has so far been repeatable so it seems a likely culprit/trigger.

Another thing that happens simultaneously is the cursor also disappears (it's still there, just invisible). To fix the issue I have to move the mouse around till the power button becomes highlighted and the move it around again till the exit button becomes highlighted. On re-opening the mouse is back and I can reset the volume again. Hopefully this is relevant and may help you find the issue.
Can someone tell me how to get my volume out of mute, I accidentally hit my key board and it went mute. My keyboard is wireless. Please help me? Thanks
Press +

Works on my keyboard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume Stuck on Mute0