• 2(current)
OS X Yosemite
Nothing in the current coreaudio framework API diffs suggest that anything changes in that direction for developers...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm on Yosemite...no HD audio.
Oh Apple, when will you learn...
Nvidia Shield
Apple TV 4
Just a little warning on shared libraries, NFS and MySQL.

I installed the public beta of Yosemite this morning. In my case, it "broke" both NFS and MySQL. NFS was easy enough to fix. I just had to add "<string>-N</string>" to the /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nfsd.plist file as described here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=NFS

MySQL was a little more troublesome. This website: http://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/get-...-yosemite/ recommended reinstalling MySQL. I did that, but doing so wiped out all my databases. Not nice.

I set up MySQL again and then tried to import a saved database in XBMC. I can see the file: /Users/mnewman/Desktop/xbmc_videodb_2014-08-04/videodb.xml. But, XBMC wouldn't recognize it. Weird because I had just exported it yesterday. Oh, well.

So, I let XBMC rebuild the library. I don't keep much junk, so it didn't take long.

Now I'm up and running with shared libraries…..

YMMV
Only problem I'm seeing is that on top of the full screen window there's a gap at the top the height of the menu bar. I use multiple screens, and XBMC plays on my third one. If I remember correctly this was a problem when Mavericks was released as well. I'm not getting any of the mouse problems others are reporting. Everything else seems to work fine. It seems to be definitely smoother than the transition was with Mavericks.
Is this gap on all of your 3 screens? Or only on one?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Well, the menu bar is present on all screens. However, the gap shows on the one with XBMC on it when it is viewed full screen. Initially on Mavericks it was necessary to disable "Displays have separate Spaces" to keep that from happening, but eventually that was fixed. I didn't test to see if that worked this time with Yosemite. I can test that and can provide a screenshot if you'd like later today.

I forgot to mention in my last post I'm using Yosemite DP5.
I loaded it up on Yosemite, but I'm oddly not getting that behavior anymore which is a good thing I guess. I'll look around for it again next time I load up Yosemite for testing other stuff for work and post a screenshot of what was happening then.
There's a workaround for the status bar ghost in second display:

Go to system settings in XBMC, then change resolution to something else. When there's a notice asking if you want to keep the changes, say no. The bar should be gone. It would be great if XBMC could do this at launch when it detect that it is running on a secondary display on Yosemite until a better fix could be found. If a maintainer come here, could you tell if you can do this ? If no, then why ? It would be good if this hack could be added to both Gotham and Helix Alpha...
NO - because its a hack Big Grin

And btw - exactly this hack is already in there (it was added for mavericks at since mavericks each montitor has the menubar - so since mavericks we are hiding the menubars on all screens). Please once again - post a screenshot of that issue that i can be sure we are talking about the same here.
How can I take a screenshot from XBMC in fullscreen ?
Press prtscr on a keyboard, or a correctly mapped button on the remote.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
prtscr on a apple keyboard, sure, sure Smile
Keyboard_controls#Mac (wiki)

Command+S
(2014-08-24, 18:19)MeatGrinder Wrote: prtscr on a apple keyboard, sure, sure Smile
Sorry I missed that essential point.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yosemite2