• 8(current)
Aeon MQ 6
(2014-10-08, 02:59)boerkeboel Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 22:26)wiesel87 Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 21:56)bry- Wrote: Which image?

Second that!

Love this idea!

Also is like to see a way to have disc art and clear art images on coverflow view.
I'm looking to put my xbmc experience a step further.

I'm using mq5 skin on all my boxes.
However,

When i'm honest to myself, i should say that i truly only use 2 main parts of it.

"Movies" and "Tvshows"
(And now and then settings or some programs"

Is there a way with mq5 to:

- put "movies" wall on main page (or whatever view)
- to have the recently added on that same page but in a different part of the screen
-to easily get a hidden menu showing "sort by actor, 3d, etc etc) or to go to tvshows
- to get a second hidden menu a bit further away to go to settings and programs?

I hope this is possible, or is there some other skin that can do that?

So perhaps for aeon mq6 (if its still planned?)

Do a new skin, but without home main menu?
Or make it completely hidden the main menu, and where you start on "movies" containing the complete library and just added movies?

Its a bit of a pity that with all skins theres a visible main menu (vertical bar, or horizontal bar, or vertical logos, but its always visible)

So if people only have "movies" and tvshows, you are stuck on the "main menu"

Make it also a bit less static..

By for ex, let the widget for recently added movies, scroll through it, instead of showing latest 10

Or even make a widget "movies not seen yet" and let that scroll too

But keep the most part of the screen for library view

The views you can keep.

Other menu things like "games, pictures, settings etc, keep it hidden?

And make the "main screen" , which is not a main menu, but rather a first view screen, selectable, so people can chose wherether its movies that are shown, or tvshow or games...

Some very good ideas i think

Think also: "less is more"

What you think Wanilton/Marcos?
(2014-06-10, 22:26)wiesel87 Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 21:56)bry- Wrote: Which image?

Second that!

That looks great!
I would like to suggest that we can see how many votes there are when you choose the show information page for movie ratings. With TMDB because it is new, 80% of all movie ratings have less than 10 votes. So if a movie gets 3/10 and it' only had 1 vote, we know that this vote is not accurate and we can decide to watch it or not.
(2014-10-11, 18:34)ounyai Wrote: I would like to suggest that we can see how many votes there are when you choose the show information page for movie ratings. With TMDB because it is new, 80% of all movie ratings have less than 10 votes. So if a movie gets 3/10 and it' only had 1 vote, we know that this vote is not accurate and we can decide to watch it or not.

I used UMS. You can choose to have IMDB ratings then.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

The skin widgets does not always display the correct poster for tv shows wich are spreaded over multiple locations

For example:

Drive 1: doctor who seasons 1-5
Drive 2: doctor who seasons 6-8

When choosing the newest artwork for display, it displays the right one in the library but the skin widget in the homescreen displays some old artwork, probably stored alongside the older seasons.

I love the widgets in the aeon skins and would be awesome to see this fixed!
(2014-10-21, 03:09)boerkeboel Wrote: The skin widgets does not always display the correct poster for tv shows wich are spreaded over multiple locations

For example:

Drive 1: doctor who seasons 1-5
Drive 2: doctor who seasons 6-8

When choosing the newest artwork for display, it displays the right one in the library but the skin widget in the homescreen displays some old artwork, probably stored alongside the older seasons.

I love the widgets in the aeon skins and would be awesome to see this fixed!

I think that would need to be fixed in the skin widgets addon it's self rather than the skin.

Any news on MQ6? Any new screen shots?

Any news on any upcoming MQ5 updates?

Will the main menu system be the same as MQ5? Getting a bit bored of the left / right menu bar.

I've been looking at the MetroTV WIP skin this week, which has some nice ideas and some beautiful views.

Thanks
Hi MarcosQui,

I am a big fan of aeon MQ skin since the beginning ( MQ3 actually..when I discovered xbmc )...I'm impressed by your work and also by the amount of work...I can't wait to discover the next version ...

Here is my 'wish list' ...( you said that MQ6 could come for Christmas right ? ;-) )

1-artwork downloader :
As some already asked in this discussion, I'd love to have artwork downloader starting AUTOMATICALLY after a database update - and in silent mode if possible ( seems that there's always a 'bip' and a pop-up message in the top of the screen when it starts and when it stops - anyone knows how to get rid of it ? ) .The watchdog functionality does not work on my openelec ..no new movies/albums are detected after being added in the smb directory( don't know what is going wrong...maybe me ! ) , so I had to schedule every hours via crontab a music library scan , a movie library scan and finally artwork downloader....If only this could be really integrated in the skin this would be awesome.

2-music playlists ( some might also be interested for movie playlists ?) :
Having the possibility to start a music playlist AUTOMATICALLY in party mode just by clicking on it - not having to select context menu etc etc..

3-music - full screen
When playing music, having the possibility to switch AUTOMATICALLY to full screen mode with visualization ( projectM in my case ) , at the moment I either have to wait for screensaver to start or click on a predefined button on my remote.

4- library scan
Unsure if this can be done on skin side or on xbmc/kodi itself...
It sometimes happen that some movies are not added on the movie library because the library scan couldn't assign the correct title or because it was unknown ( don't know how this work exactly )....Could it be added anyway on the library, even if info/fanarts etc won't be loaded ?

I can't see anything else ;-)...the skin is gorgeous and already fully customizable..It could have remained on version 5 only that I wouldn't bother !

Long life to you and Aeon MQ !
(2014-10-22, 10:53)cw-kid Wrote: Any news on MQ6? Any new screen shots?

Any news on any upcoming MQ5 updates?

Will the main menu system be the same as MQ5? Getting a bit bored of the left / right menu bar.

I've been looking at the MetroTV WIP skin this week, which has some nice ideas and some beautiful views.

Thanks

I don't think the horizontal menu will ever change in any of the Aeon mods, as it has been part of the original designs since the days of djh.

I emailed MQ the other day to check everything was OK, as I haven't spoken to him in a while. I'll let you know if/when I hear back.

(2014-10-22, 11:00)jimix Wrote: Hi MarcosQui,

I am a big fan of aeon MQ skin since the beginning ( MQ3 actually..when I discovered xbmc )...I'm impressed by your work and also by the amount of work...I can't wait to discover the next version ...

Here is my 'wish list' ...( you said that MQ6 could come for Christmas right ? ;-) )

1-artwork downloader :
As some already asked in this discussion, I'd love to have artwork downloader starting AUTOMATICALLY after a database update - and in silent mode if possible ( seems that there's always a 'bip' and a pop-up message in the top of the screen when it starts and when it stops - anyone knows how to get rid of it ? ) .The watchdog functionality does not work on my openelec ..no new movies/albums are detected after being added in the smb directory( don't know what is going wrong...maybe me ! ) , so I had to schedule every hours via crontab a music library scan , a movie library scan and finally artwork downloader....If only this could be really integrated in the skin this would be awesome.

2-music playlists ( some might also be interested for movie playlists ?) :
Having the possibility to start a music playlist AUTOMATICALLY in party mode just by clicking on it - not having to select context menu etc etc..

3-music - full screen
When playing music, having the possibility to switch AUTOMATICALLY to full screen mode with visualization ( projectM in my case ) , at the moment I either have to wait for screensaver to start or click on a predefined button on my remote.

4- library scan
Unsure if this can be done on skin side or on xbmc/kodi itself...
It sometimes happen that some movies are not added on the movie library because the library scan couldn't assign the correct title or because it was unknown ( don't know how this work exactly )....Could it be added anyway on the library, even if info/fanarts etc won't be loaded ?

I can't see anything else ;-)...the skin is gorgeous and already fully customizable..It could have remained on version 5 only that I wouldn't bother !

Long life to you and Aeon MQ !

1 - I know we’ve discussed this before, and I still think it needs to be checked with Martijn first, as he purposely removed this feature from the addon it’s self.

2 - I thought this was already possible. Could be wrong though.

4 - is definitely a Kodi request rather than anything the skin can control.

(2014-10-09, 05:36)PhAzE Wrote:
(2014-06-10, 22:26)wiesel87 Wrote: Image

Second that!

Love this idea!

Also is like to see a way to have disc art and clear art images on coverflow view.

+1
A proposal for a new skin.
This is a channel view - PVR in CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod skin.
When you make helix Kodi PVR , use "<include>"in MyPVRChannels.xml,and make <includename=...> in ViewsPVR.xml.
In media folder make new folder for all .png in PVR window.
All skinner make wonderfull job,let share our work for benefits of all skin.
This is my contribution.
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
I've been trying out MQ 5 today and it is pretty great as is. I could only come up with 2 quick suggestions for next version.

Add an option to turn off the stars/ratings. I always find them distracting in the list views and personally don't care what other people think of the movie/show.

Add support for the "plot" of the extras used with the VideoExtras add-on either through the .nfo files or the VideoExtras contextual menu. (The addition of the plot to the contextual menu is fairly new and Rob said support for it needs to be added to the skin.)

That's all I could find. Really liking everything else.
So, what's the current development status of MQ6? Was a long time since last MarcosQui post in the boards.

I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 617