UPnP integration plans?
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone can offer some insight into exactly how shared UPnP libraries will integrate into XBMC in the future. I've been following the various UPnP threads with half an eye, and whilst there's talk of XBMC-specific functions and better library integration, I'm still left unsure as to what the plans actually are.

I've been working on some code for my skin shortcuts script which would convert local links in a menu to links to an XBMC UPnP library, but it occured to me if XBMC's integration is going to be deep then this is a waste of my time!

So can anyone say whether the current plan is for UPnP content to integrate into the local library, or is the plan that local links, to say TV Show Titles, will just redirect remotely? If it's the later, are there plans for functions to say whether, for example, a UPnP instance has an addon available, or has a particular media types in its library, or even if a UPnP source is actually another XBMC instance? Or am I missing the point of how the integration will work entirely?!

I understand that these things are just plans until such time as the code is written and merged, but it'd help a lot in directing my coding efforts to have a better idea of what is expected to happen Smile

Thanks.
There will be an option to integrate (user specified) UPnP sources into the local library as if they were normal local library items, as I understand it. There will likely be some metadata to say "came from a UPnP source" and stuff like that, but skin wise, it should be all as if it were local.
Thanks Ned, that's useful to know. I'll stick with just making it as easy as possible to link to a UPnP library for now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP integration plans?0