Looking For A Thread About Using A Remote To Power On My HTPC
hey folks,
it's been a while since i've been on here and I remember there was a thread on here that got a lot of attention and I can't seem to find it. If you happen to know where it is - would you mind helping me locate it?

Alternatively, I have moved my HTPC & other video equipment into a closet; I would like to be able to power my htpc on and off with a remote, but the device i used to use stopped working some time ago. I disposed of it and forgot what it is. I will be purchasing a new remote as my harmony 1 busted a long time ago.
The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS
you should look into wake on lan - assuming you have a network - you could wake it from you phone then.
not a bad idea, but i have some stuff i'm going to program into my remote and would prefer to go that route.
The Mi7 (full specs)
HTPC: Antek ISK 300 | Pico 160 | ASRock z77E | i7 3770S | GSkill Ares 8GB | BigShuriken 2 | Crucial 64 SSD
TOYS: Panasonic TC-P58S2 | Onkyo TX-SR608 | Atlantic Tech 2400 | Harmony 1 | iPazzPort ProMini | Mohu 1000 | HomeRun Dual | 2x2TB NAS
I still prefer http://www.xir.us/xirpro.aspx if you buy there ask him for a programmer. Sometimes it gives them for free. It is ir based and you can use long wire fro ir.
Simerec is also an alternative.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking For A Thread About Using A Remote To Power On My HTPC0