bad flickering Gotham 13.0
Hi. I'm new at this so bear with me. I installed Gotham 13.0 but my videos don't look right. They all seem to have a flicker no matter what hd files I play. Someone posted that Frodo 12.3 worked for him. Can someone show me where I can download frodo? Much thanks in advance. Sincerely, tangone
I don't think your issue can be attributed to a version of XBMC, something as you describe sounds more of a driver issue, but if you do want to make a change, I suggest you try 13.1 RC available on the same page as 13

As a side note: try turning off hardware acceleration settings>video>render method
Thanks for your rapid response PatK. I installed 13.1 & same problem exists. When I tried to turn off acceleration, it says that my display driver does not allow me to turn off. PNY GeForce 210. I was using Power DVD Ultra v. 7.3319a which allows one to navigate to external hds no flickering. I gotta reinstall Power DVD every time I turn off my computer. Yesterday it played my backups (HD) with no flickering. Today it won't even play my mounted files. Do you know of any software program that will play my movies free or pay. BTW I transmuxed the Bd to iso. It seems to matter as I tried vlan and iso won't play. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks again. tangone
I'm a little beside myself to make any suggestions. For you to have issues with media players hints at drivers or gfx card issues. Strange that you need to re-install Power DVD each time, and not allowing software rendering in XBMC might hint at threshold of hardware. VLC has all the code internally and should be able to handle most everything, but I suspect that as soon as you load up with media that needs some additional effort like HDCP your system falls down (XBMC basically uses the same code as VLC, although 1 step back, VLC can be used as an external player).

A quick once over of your debug user log should be able to give you some hints as to what is transpiring. The keyboard 'o' command brings up the OSD while attempting to play a movie and will glean further hints too.
Thanks for responding PatK, I don't know what this all means but here it is the log files. D(Audio:dts (DTS-HD MA) ([134][0][0][0] 0x0. P(ap:99%, Kb/s:4694, att:1411.8sB. D(Video: h264 (High) ([27][0][0][0] 0x0013) yiv,1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 13:9])P(fr:23.96 vq99%,dc:ff-h264-dxva2, Mb/s20.00, drop 0, skip 0,pc:1) C(ad:000, a/v 0035/ed/:, dcpu:0% acpu: 0% vcpu:3% cache: O B 93%. W(fps 23.96 CPU 4 core(s) average 6.6%). I played around with the settings in XBNC changed deinterlacing etc, but the video always seems to have lightning flashing in the sky and the colors constantly get brighter then darker. Maybe I'm missing a plug in. Watched this same movie Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug on my Power DVD which played perfectly. BTW VLan can play ISO files? When I select any folder that I want to see nothing happens just the grayed out left button. that does not work. The device manager shows all hardware normal. Thanks again, tangone
Debug log http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy

In settings>video>acceleration, choose software, see what that does for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
bad flickering Gotham 13.00