Buy lighting system environment [help]
Good afternoon fellow,

I configured my new htpc on windows 8.1 and have installed xbmc gotham 13. Now everything works and my intention is to buy a light system environment.

What do I recomendais? I have seen that there are quite as lightpack, AtmoLight, etc..

At first I was interested in in lightpack but having problems with aero not if I can use it in windows 8.1 with the addon so DfAtmo and solve these problems.

What do you advise me?

Thank you so much
Build yourself. Much more gratifying to say "I built that". I use ambibox software to run mine on win 8.1 and it works great. Here is a great thread to read http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182592
im also interested, but im using Ubuntu linux
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-06-08, 06:36)Veronica Wrote: im also interested, but im using Ubuntu linux
I'm running my own built backlight system on Ubuntu linux, XBMC specifically. WS2801 led strip (3 meters, 90ish leds) + Arduino UNO (or equivalent to it). It is not hard to set up.
Lightpack is compatible with Windows 8.1 and xbmc gotham daftmo plugin??exist any performance problem?
Nothing??Help me please
I don't know if it does, but I would say save yourself the money and build yourself. The lightpack only has 10 zones meaning the colors are an average of 10 areas of the screen. So only 10 different colors at a time.
I used an arduino and a strip of ws2812b leds and got 108 zones on my tv. It works amazing and has so much more detail than the lightpack will have (I used to have a 10 zone setup and while it looked neat, it didnt quite do it for me). The popular and easier setup though for the diy is using ws2801 leds with an arduino uno. Read the link I posted a few posts ago. Its much more gratifying to say "I made that" instead of "I bought that".
I use mine with ambibox which runs on Win 8.1 and supports many profiles for music, videos, static colors, ect and can even adjust to the aspect ratio of the video playing once setup.
Im hoping within 2 weeks to make a how to on setting up the ws2812b leds with ambibox.
Plenty of info in this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182592

By the way this is neither a windows nor a lightpack support forum. If you want to know if lightpack supports win 8.1, why don't you ask the sellers of lightpack?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Good morning,

and asked them to those of lightpack. Forgive me, but I think in this forum many systems are tested and could get the information here.

On the other hand, I have seen the manual to create it yourself and it seems incredible. I would like to mount it because the result is espectacular.Yo I have no idea or butt welding cables, if you only plug out and then we would have no problem tinkering.

There are components for plug and play?

Thank you very much and again forgive me.
Good afternoon,

eventually I'll build it myself. I would like to mount on windows ambibox arduino + 8.1. How about you see that configuration?

My TV is 32 inches and would have to buy the following:

Ws2081 LED bulbs and not in strips.
Jumpers
Power supply connector.
Power supply
arduino one

I have read a bit about this, where I can find everything fast and cheap?

What is the best method to hold the leds?

Thank you very much guys.
Personally I like the strips. Especially with the ws2801, since it uses 4 conductors, you should be able to use special corner butt connecters made for led strips so you just cut the sizes, snap on the connectors and stick it to the tv. I think they even have some with pigtails to make wiring them easier. Most tv's curve in a little near the edges so it also puts the strips at a good angle, plus its just much neater in the end.

I use a newer style of led powered by a Sparkfun Pro Micro and using ambibox on win 8.1 and it works great. They even have a win 8 capture mode that works ok.

I usually buy my stuff through ebay and amazon. For your power supply, first you should figure out which exact leds you will buy so you know how many you will have, then get the power draw of 1 led and multiply by the number to get your wattage or amperage max draw, then you can look for a power supply which will then dictate the connectors you will need.
Good morning,

The truth that the lamps had been chosen because the ends were coming prepared with cables to connect to the arduino and the source and ready.

The LED strip looks better when it comes to aesthetics but not if it would do to cut corners missing or can be mounted on squares to cut the LEDs and make the corner. If this LED strip also comes ready to connect the ends to the arduino with jumpers but I like this option.

Would be my 32-inch TV and wanted to put 50 leds like many examples I've seen.

The biggest problem I have is that no where better to get the components and I need. If I knew those details now buy them hehe

Thank you very much.
You have had 2 pointers to a thread which details where all the components can be bought.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buy lighting system environment [help]0