iOS iOS support
Sad 
Having been lead to believe that iOS was superior to Android, I am becoming disenchanted by the fact that XBMC seems to run smoothly on Android devices, yet I must jailbreak my iPhone to run XBMC. Frustrating. Sad Call me ignorant, old school, whatever, I cannot understand why it is that Apple allows a Netflix app but not an XBMC app.
Apple won't allow it due to the add on side of things - I don't think apple will ever allow that. Then there is the licence issues - DTS for example.

That all being said - the issue of it not running smoothly on a non jailbroken idevice is due to the lack of access to videotoolbox API is it not? I'm curious as to whether, come ios 8 when this is open, could be a way for developers to run xbmc smoothly on non-JB devices?
XBMC runs like a dream on my iPhone 4 and iPad 4.
(2014-06-05, 23:54)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC runs like a dream on my iPhone 4 and iPad 4.

Do you have the full version, rather than just a remote controller? Have your devices been jail-broken? Are you able to play movies on your TV, ether by mirroring or through the chromecast dongle?
Full version, both jailbroken. I can use the HDMI adapters to play content on TV. I can also use AirPlay Mirroring on the iPad 4 to an ATV2 or ATV3, and this works fairly well. I don't have a Chromecast dongle, but in theory it is possible to have UPnP software on the Chromecast and play from XBMC to the Chromecast using that, but it's been a long time since I've read up about that.

I can also use bluetooth keyboards and remotes that appear as bluetooth keyboards to control XBMC when I can't teach the iOS device, when hooked up to the TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS support0