XBMC FireTV and PlayOn
Exclamation 
I recently purchased Amazon FireTV, and really like it. I've been using PlayOn for years, so I downloaded XBMC and installed it on my FireTV, so I could connect to PlayOn.

The problem I have is with PlayBack.

1. Videos viewed though MyMedia and various channels on PlayOn the playback is jittery (not smooth).

I ended up downloading and installed SPMC, and that solved the problem as it plays videos served from PlayOn as smooth as silk. I don't know how long SPMC is going to be around or if anyone will continue to work on it in the future. So, I'd rather be using XBMC which I know is going to be around for a while.

Has anyone else point out the poor playback of videos served by PlayOn? If so, is there a timeline to fix it?

Thanks,

David
I made a quick video illustrating the issue. Watch the stars in the video... Notice how the stars stutter. The playback should be smooth, but is not.

This happens to ALL video playback.

Have you tried Gotham with Media Codec turned off, libstagefright turned on, under Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration ?
(2014-06-05, 23:39)Ned Scott Wrote: Have you tried Gotham with Media Codec turned off, libstagefright turned on, under Settings -> Videos -> Acceleration ?

Acceleration doesn't appear to be an option when XBMC is installed on FireTV. Maybe it is, but I just can't find it?
Make sure to enable the "advanced" or "expert" level where it says "settings level".
Found it, and changed it to expert level. I can now see the Acceleration menu!

Changed the Media Codec off, and libstagefright turned on.

Video playback is now as smooth as silk!

Good call, and thank you very much! Problem solved.

FYI -- both were turned on by default.
Not trying to poach your thread, but when I go to Settings > Video > Acceleration (Gotham 13.1 with Expert set) I have nothing about video codec on the options. I must be missing something but have no idea what.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC FireTV and PlayOn0