Question - ServerWMC, live TV instant recording and suspend (S3)
As in subject. I'm wondering if there's a way to put my HTPC into suspend mode after live TV manual recording sessions, as in scheduled ones.
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ - FCH: AMD A88X "Bolton-D4" | APU: AMD "Kaveri" A8-7600 with Radeon R7 graphics | RAM: 8GiB DDR3-2133 | SSD: mSATA Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: 5 x 500GB 2.5" Hitachi Travelstar (two-way mirror) | DVB-T Tuner: AVerMedia AVerTV Volar HD PRO | O.S.: MS-Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
The wmc recording service is very good about waking from suspend mode to do a scheduled recording. A manual recording session (one where you specify start/stop time instead of using epg program data) is treated the same by the wmc recording service so there should be no problem.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thanks for your reply!
I tried successfully scheduled recordings from S3. After completion, the system returned correctly into suspend mode.
Not so good with S4; system wakes up but won't hibernate after recording. But fortunately I don't want to use it, because it can potentially accelerate SSD wearing.

So, if I understood correctly:
- I power on my HTPC (cold boot);
- I start an instant live TV recording that will last, for example, 120 min (the default setting);
- after 120 minutes (plus ServerWMC padding settings) my system will be set to suspend mode.
Correct?

Another possibility:
- same system powering (from cold boot)
- I record a currently running show, using EPG data (so recording will eventually end before, or after, the default 120 min, as of previous example);
- system will always (and anyway) go to S3.
Yes or no?

Thanks for your patience Angel
Leo.
Hi Leo,

The quick answer is: yes, in both scenarios the server computer should go into S3 mode when these functions complete. One caveat, this behavior can be overridden in serverwmc when clients are connected, so check the settings there too.

However in the first scenario, serverwmc works a little differently than normal xbmc for instant recordings (where 'instant recording' means you hit the 'record' button once you start viewing a livetv stream). Serverwmc does not set the service to record for 120 minutes in this case, instead it sets the recording (using the epg) to the current show's duration. Also it time shifts, meaning that when you hit record it keeps the recording from the time you started watching it, rather than from the time you pressed record. If you hit record again, it adds 15 minutes to the end time each time its pressed.

Hope that helps.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question - ServerWMC, live TV instant recording and suspend (S3)0