Req 3D Labels
The 3D labels only appear in list mode, as do the SD and HD labels. It was not important to know whether a movie was in SD or HD, but it is important to know whether a movie is in 3D, since we may not be prepared to watch a 3D movie.

I suggest that the movie icons themselves have an embedded SD/HD/3D in the corner to easily identify what format the movie is in. I personally don't use the list mode and it can be hard to select between the HD and 3D versions, and yes, I'm aware that I only need to keep the 3D versions and can play them in 2D, but I personally prefer to select the movie and watch it -- not have to select additional options.

Thanks for your consideration.

Pete
That means editing every skin view of each skin Smile

You are completely welcome to do this for your own skin. Good idea though - I am stealing this for my upcoming skin.
In confluence we show the 3D flag on all views that show any stream details (so every view but "thumbnail"). Having an SD/HD/3D overlay icon over posters wouldn't be hard to add I guess, but at least I wouldn't want my poster views to be distracted by this kind of overlay, so it would have to be optional.

You're talking about Confluence, right? If not, please forward your request to the according skin author, but as I wrote above, we already show the 3D flag in all video views except the "thumbnail" view where it doesn't fit.
Yes, I use Confluence. It's just very difficult to find and choose 3D movies. Maybe even having a 3D set -- some place that you can at least easily find them. I also agree that it should be an option, as some people may not want or need this feature.
well, you can create a 3D tag and add all your 3D movies to it - that way you can easily find them Wink And as said - all views except the "thumbnail" view HAVE the 3D info visible. I tried to unify the way we gather the 3D info in order to be able to create smartplaylists for it, but I failed (going a bit too deep into the code base for my skills)
If you have separate sources for your 2D and 3D movies, then it should be easy to do this using Video nodes. That saves you from tagging your movies as 3D. Just store them in the correct directory and they will automatically end up in the correct video node.
(2014-06-10, 15:01)wphowell Wrote: Yes, I use Confluence. It's just very difficult to find and choose 3D movies. Maybe even having a 3D set -- some place that you can at least easily find them. I also agree that it should be an option, as some people may not want or need this feature.

I add .3dbd to my filenames and have added the genre 3D to the .nfo. Very easy to find 3D movies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Labels0