XBMC 13.0 and 13.1 skipping music
Hi,

wanted to wait till 13.1 was released to see if it fixes this problem I've been having that's driving me absolutely crazy. Unfortunately it didn't.

When playing music on XBMC 13.x, the tracks "skip". It sounds like someone has skipped the track forward a few seconds, or something like that. If I rewind the track and play through the same section again, it doesn't happen again, so it's not a problem with my files. Also, sometimes it happens a lot, sometimes not at all. It's totally unpredictable.

In the logs, I see this: (skips occurred at 12:35:02 and 12:35:29):

Edit: log removed, see forum rules.

Can anyone help? This is absolutely destroying my xbmc experience.
1) Don't post inline logs, use pastebin.
2) Don't edit logs, link to the full log not a part.
3) upload a debug log (wiki) normal logs are mostly useless.
Hi,

here's a full debug log. https://gist.github.com/kopf/856124905a44c8a51010
No ideas?
Is there any more information I can provide to help with debugging this?
This problem continues to this day :/
I miss the skips in that log. Are they there ?

Please try replicating this problem with an install that doesn't flood the log with scanning, PVR and other irrelevant nonsense

If necessary, use a portable install and only start-play the file until it skips, note the time then stop xbmc.
You do realise you're asking quite a lot - creating a new install, playing music until it (hopefully) stops (as I said above, this issue happens intermittently, and unpredictably), just in order to get a more concise log.

I wouldn't have any problem with this, only this is just after you removed the log I posted originally (which had error messages occurring at the points in time when the music was skipping, whose timestamps I even pointed out in the first post), because it wasn't verbose enough.

So which is it? Verbose or concise?

I know you're only trying to help, but you must acknowledge how unproductive this is.
Verbose log it is.
Not posting it on our forums it is as well.
(2014-11-23, 20:49)Kib Wrote: Verbose log it is.
Not posting it on our forums it is as well.

Quote:Hi,

here's a full debug log. https://gist.github.com/kopf/856124905a44c8a51010

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.0 and 13.1 skipping music0