Feature requests
Post 'em here...

Disclaimer: Requests for extra viewtypes will not be considered. Not that I don't like 'em, but this skin doesn't handle them in the same way other skins do.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Hi thedeadman,

please consider a Plexbmc addon support like Amber skin does.

regards
@majkelospl:

I looked into this. From what I can see, Amber is the only skin that supports full integration of Plexbmc (incidentally, Peckinco, the guy behind Amber is also closely involved in the Plexbmc addon).

I don't have a Plex server setup that I can use to test, so I took a look at Amber to see what was involved in the hope that it might be straightforward to port the required code to Maximinimalism... In short, it's not straightforward at all. It's a couple of thousand lines of code, plugging into lots of different areas of the skin - a significant undertaking and one that I would be doing essentially blind.

Bottom line is that this is going to have to be one for a Plexbmc user to take on and mod his/her self. On the plus side, Maximinimalism is very lightweight code-wise, so it will be a easier job to take on than in many other skins out there. If someone manages it, i'd be happy to include the mod in the official version.

Sorry mate, I hate to say no to things but hope you understand where i'm coming from!
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Please add buffering indicator to the progress bar.
@CharredChar: Yep, will do.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2014-06-07, 13:04)thedeadman Wrote: @majkelospl:

I looked into this. From what I can see, Amber is the only skin that supports full integration of Plexbmc (incidentally, Peckinco, the guy behind Amber is also closely involved in the Plexbmc addon).

I don't have a Plex server setup that I can use to test, so I took a look at Amber to see what was involved in the hope that it might be straightforward to port the required code to Maximinimalism... In short, it's not straightforward at all. It's a couple of thousand lines of code, plugging into lots of different areas of the skin - a significant undertaking and one that I would be doing essentially blind.

Bottom line is that this is going to have to be one for a Plexbmc user to take on and mod his/her self. On the plus side, Maximinimalism is very lightweight code-wise, so it will be a easier job to take on than in many other skins out there. If someone manages it, i'd be happy to include the mod in the official version.

Sorry mate, I hate to say no to things but hope you understand where i'm coming from!

yes I understand, I know that there is to much to do.
so meaby You can look at some tweak that I asked some time ago? - post: #286
Quote:post: #286

i'm using plexbmc addon, is there possibility to make visual of covers, info etc looks disame as normal movie files?

now there is no proper cover art dimensions, and when I put "i" there is no fan art on back ground like on standard movie file recognized by xbmc

Same problem mate. Plex content isn't handled the same as 'normal' XBMC content, so the skin doesn't know how to handle it. Not much I can do without a Plex server to test stuff with unfortunately.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Hi thedeadman..

I love the skin you've made, it's fast, beautiful and functional on the humble Raspberry Pi running Openelec. I've been trialling it hoping to replace confluence. The Pi is used mainly for live TV so I have some suggestions from that angle.

I really like your implementation of the channel OSD list, the way it displays now and next for each channel is great and a major reason for wanting to switch full time to this skin. Would it be possible to add channel numbers and icons in the channel OSD list, I find it helps me when browsing channels as I tend to think of them in terms of channel number?

When entering a channel number to switch to another channel, could the default focus of the on-screen number pad be on the "Done" button, as then a user can enter the channel number with their remote and press OK, rather than enter the number then shift the focus to the "Done" button then press OK. It's currently like this in confluence and it makes things more fluid.

Could we see the channel name, number and icon in the info display when a channel is selected and switched to? Also when you press OK (enter on the keyboard) it would be handy to see the channel name, number and icon.

Those are my main suggestions. Thanks for your hard work making such a great skin and for sharing it.
Hi Cyrils,

Glad you like it. Much of what you ask for can be achieved. Leave it with me, i'll see what I can put together for the next update.

BTW, you can add channel icons already - hitting C on any channel and selecting 'choose icon' is one way, or you can set a folder for channel icons in settings->pvr->menu/osd->folder with channel icons.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2014-06-17, 14:18)thedeadman Wrote: Hi Cyrils,

Glad you like it. Much of what you ask for can be achieved. Leave it with me, i'll see what I can put together for the next update.

BTW, you can add channel icons already - hitting C on any channel and selecting 'choose icon' is one way, or you can set a folder for channel icons in settings->pvr->menu/osd->folder with channel icons.

Just found out about this topic, sorry for posting in the wrong thread before.

What he is describing is exactly what I'd like to see. It isn't really the 'adding the channel icons' process (like you described) that's the problem, it's that they are completely missing from the OSD when you are actually watching live TV. To show what I mean, here are some pics of your skin with some code changes I hacked in quickly to get that done:

@BLAST3R: Leave this with me, the video OSD is well overdue an overhaul.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Do you plan to add my "tv-only" mode? No problem if not, I just want to know if I need to manually put it back or not on my installation
@tnfenster: I did consider it, but it's a bit too niche I feel.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Ok, no problem, I can always change it myself
Hello again.. Would an auto time-out option be possible for OSD windows?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature requests0