Bug reports
(2014-07-22, 18:50)thedeadman Wrote: Hi Solbero,

From those screenshots, that's V1.0.4. There were a couple of minor fixes required before it went to the XBMC official repo but it should go live soon.

Hmm… That is strange. I downloaded the master zip-file from your git repo when v1.0.5 went live and manually installed it. I'll double check what version I am running and report back.

EDIT: I was indeed running v1.0.4. I have updated the skin now, but the bugs reported in this post still persists in v1.0.5.
I found a few issues in v1.0.5. I hope you don't mind all these bug reports, as it is not my intention to just criticise your fine work.

When the new music OSD is minimised and a text string is displayed which is longer than the width of the screen, the text string does not scroll. It just “jitters”: the text string starts to scroll and almost instantly jumps back to its initial position. See the this screenshot for an example.

The other issue is in the context menu. It looks like some padding is added between the text strings and the square brackets. The following screenshot shows this behaviour well.

The last issue is with the play/pause buttons in the maximised music OSD. Right now, the OSD shows the play icon when a songs is playing and the pause icon when a song is paused. I think this behaviour should be reversed: so that the pause icon is shown when a song is playing and a play icon is shown when a song is paused. By doing this, the button shows the action taken when the the button is pressed, instead of showing the current state of the player. Doing it this way also seems to be the norm for different players (see YouTube and Spotify client for examples).

Also, did you ever get the time to look at the add-on strings in the video, music, and picture menus?
@solbero,

No worries mate, it's all to the good!

The music scrolling I can / will fix.
The context menu is a compromise unfortunately, so the padding must stay in place.
Agreed on the play / pause thing - will swap those over for the next update.

The add-ons string was changed everywhere apart from in the pictures section. Again, an unfortunate but necessary compromise.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
I'm afraid that I have to report that the album list is really, really slow. And I'm running XBMC on a Intel Core i5 even.
Maybe it's just some weird delay in the animations. I have 69 pages worth of albums but if I use PageDown on my remote it is so sluggish to navigate through...

Not the best of bug reports, but there it is Smile
Found a bug which occurs in the movie section when you go to movies then back to latest section it doesn't allow you to move right. You can hear the selection being pressed but you cant move right to select the movies.
@mozillion: That's odd. I'm running an i5 with 3 times as large a music library with no slowdown at all.. Is what you've experienced a recent thing?

@bigpen15crew: Yeah, that happens occasionally no matter what I do to try and prevent it. I'll check into this specific instance however and see if I can't sharpen things up.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
@thedeadman: actually no, always has been like this... it's the same with the list of artist... I do have images for all artists and albums, maybe it's the texture loading?

I have confirmed that the CPU spikes to 100% when scrolling by the way.
@Mozillion: OK, I've been doing a bit of work on the listings recently that might help. If you could download a copy of the latest commit on my GIT staging branch and give it a test for me?
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
@thedeadman: Yeah, I run the skin from a Git clone at staging HEAD always anyway.

Problem is solved! Looks very sharp indeed.

Though I got a problem back, if I enter the Music menu in Latest content the throbber/progress bar is persistently shown while I can see that behind is everything loaded already. If I select Artist or Albums and then Latest again it's gone and ok.
Found another bug. When pulling up the subtitles menu during a video I cannot move or select any of the text
Mozillon,

Yep, that music spinner issue is a definite bug, will fix ASAP. I'll look into subtitles also.
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Also, can it be that the spinner is gone for (video) add-ons? For example, youtube has a bit of a speed issue the past few days...
but when I click on a search item or my watch list, there is a short delay and of course my muscle memory presses enter/activate again (and again) which then ends up automatically starting to display the first item.. also with a delay.

I just have the vague impression that before there would have been a spinner between steps during loading?
Not sure if these are bug or something I'm simply doing wrong...a few issues I've found since testing this.
  • Music playback
  • I have set the Visualisation for "music" to 'None' in Settings. However, when I play an album it slideshows through artist fantarts - something I really don't want!
  • I like the toolbar at the bottom during music playback, but it's not useable until I stop the playing music. Is this by design?
  • I have set "Music" to be the default selection once I've hit Files, but this isn't working.
@kitsunegari:

Can you please provide a couple of screenshots?
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
Right I hope this tells enough of the story...

Here are my music settings:

However I load an album and you can see the fan art is in the background:
(If I stop the music, then navigate to "Visualisation", I can then select "None" from the pop up menu, and I get what I want - info bar at the bottom with nothing else on screen).

Also, I cannot naviate the menus. Obviously can't show that in a screenshot, but then when I stop the music...
See the highlighted box...I can move through the menus.

Not sure how useful this is either, but when I go through Music, then click left to find "Files" (as you kindly pointed out to me earlier), then select my music source as the Default option (you can just see in the background my cannily named "Music", which is a network share):

It doesn't work. What I'm trying to achieve, is pressing from the home screen:
Then I go to the left menu twice, press files, and it goes straight through to my Music share - this works on other skins for me.

Ideally I'd like to be able to go through to Files>Music straight from the main menu as the library doesn't work for my collection.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug reports0