Stuttering - Cant Find Logs
Shocked 
Hi. Total noob here, at least relative to most things XBMC.

I am loving the concept of the wmcServer acting as a tuner and pvr, and am very close to making it work for myself in practice. But I am running into a problem whereby playback stutters constantly; the stream re-buffers about every 15 seconds. And yes, I know there are other people posting about similar occurrences, but this is what might make my situation a bit unique: My server is not saving any logs. Or, it appears, any of my settings.

So my specific set up is a HomeRun Plus for a tuner, a virtualized Win 7 "server" (named Muse) running as a guest on my ESXi server. And my desktop (Monolith) running my test instance of XMBC. All pc's have Gb nics, and all three are plugged into the same Gb switch. The server works fine as a tuner and recorder - 4 gigs ram, 64 MB video memory, no performance or resource issues I can find, I can watch TV in the console from within WMC. AND the server software is accepting connections from the client, sending streams and generally doing the job. And yet there is this buffering behavior that I can not seem to shake.

IF I install the server on the desktop along side XBMC, everything works fine. Same thing on the virtual machine, as near as I can tell from the console. The only thing I have not done is bypass the switch with a cross-over cable or different switch.

Now, it would be at this point that I would think we should start looking at the server logs. But this is where it gets weird. When I go into look at the logs, the "current" log is from my initial session, several days ago. No matter what I do - reboot, reinstall, yell at the machine - that will not change. And if I make setting changes, they also do not seem to be taking. It is weird. On the desktop, this is not an issue.

This is the most recent build of the server, installed this last Monday. For what it is worth, the client and XBMC versions do not seem to make a difference, because I tried Frodo and the most recent Gotham, and have the same issue both places.

Help me Internet-Wan Kenobi. You are my only hope!

(Thanks in advance for any advice, feedback or suggestions.) Smile
Yeah, weird. The serverlog and the config.xml (where settings are stored) are in the same directory:
%programdata%\VDsoftware\ServerWMC

My guess is the first time you ran serverwmc you did it with elevated privileges (admin). So when it created these files they aren't getting overwritten on subsequent running of serverwmc in normal mode. To test this run serverwmc as admin and see if it starts producing logs again. Or just delete these two files and run it again with regular privileges.

This doesn't explain why you are getting stuttering, but we need a log for that. So you know, first things first.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuttering - Cant Find Logs0