Win Frodo --> Gotham Destroyed my Music Library
So I am having nothing but issues with music on 13.1. My library ended up with nothing at all (as described above) when I tried again.

Also, there were huge delays when backing up from the artist list or album list and trying to go into the other. I posted this in another thread and it seems it is a known issue.

For now I'm back to Frodo and experimenting with MediaPortal.

Brian
I'm getting the same issue:
My environment: MySQL backed DBs, all music has MBIDs
My music has two sources:
Lossless/[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]/[SONG FILES]
Lossy/[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]/[SONG FILES]
So an artist may appear in two sources (but an album never).

When I:
Drop MySQL schemata: myvideos78 and mymusic46 (13.1 DBs)
Close Frodo
Open Gotham
Schemata are created and converted from Frodo: myvideos78 and mymusic46
Everything is populated as per Frodo

Go to music, prompted to rescan the library:
Choose No: everything just works as before
Choose Yes: many Artists and Albums go missing

Rescans don't help.

I have since gone back to Frodo, but I need Gotham's audio lock feature, so now I'm stuck.
So I did the following:

Stop Gotham
Drop MySQL schemata: mymusic32 (12.2) and mymusic46 (13.1)
Restart Gotham
New schema mymusic46 is created and is empty (no music)
Scan my two sources into the library
Got a complete library (just like in Frodo)

Go to music, prompted to rescan the library:
Choose No: everything just works as before
Choose Yes: ALL Artists and Albums go missing

So even with a new database (then scan) Gotham still wants to do a tag rescan - which after many many hours just leaves an empty database.
Is it possible that some changes are required to your MySQL setup to make in compatible w/Gotham? Might try running a debug log while rescanning.
Any updated info on the rescan problem and/or the issue with the incredibly slow menu switching?

I see there have been some changes to Gotham, but nothing in this area?

What can we do to help get this up and running?

Happy with Frodo aside from having to restart every few days to fix a slow case of stuttering that appears on everything TV video related... Hoping moving to Gotham will fix this...

Thanks,
Brian
@brian B: mate, you're not alone. I DEFINITELY spent too much time in getting my musicdb to what it is now. Read thousands of help threads, tried several ways. I hope xbmc.org implement a workaround for mdbs in one of their next stable versions. Otherwise I stay on frodo til I'm grey
That's not promising. Maybe they need to change to a pay model, so more attention can be put on certain problems.

B.
Hello Folks. I am having the same issues. It works fine until you are forced to rescan. It runs for almost 24 hours. I checked before going to bed. It still had the tracks. Checked in the morning and they are all gone. I've also noticed that some if the art is now missing too. I might try scanning individual folders to library as I have each artist grouped alphabetically under folders for each letter. This might give a clue. Cheers
Hello. I tried scan item to library for each folder. I could XBMC scanning each folder in the progress bar. It still tries to force a rescan. like everyone here I've spent so much time getting my music library just right that I don't want to start again. I'm going back to v12. :O
^try running a debug log next time, maybe it will help shed some light on the problem.
(2014-07-29, 18:28)whitebelly Wrote: ^try running a debug log next time, maybe it will help shed some light on the problem.

OK I will, thanks for the advice
Ok, said I would wait til I'm grey and old. Today is the day I am. Saw this thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=198670

It sounds promising to me, also its marked as solved. Has any of the other depressed guys here tried it and failed? Would be nice if you send me a warning before I waste time ;-)

update: everthing went better than expected. i did the step by step guide included in post above. had to run musicbrainz picard with changed settings (showed in OP) to update all my music. (*fuuuu*, my first reaction)
but it doesnt take too much time, when your music was already tagged by picard. it just corrects the changed data.
i scanned it to a fresh gotham db and finally...starring on my well known db structure from frodo in gotham.
So, I got restless and tried this again with 13.2.

I do not get the nag to re-scan anymore (which is good), but now I have the issue described in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=197373&page=2.

The "slowness" doesn't exist until I load all the music into the library: ~50k songs, ~3k albums, ~6500 artists.

I tried portable mode (as someone suggested) and this made no difference. Whether I copied the userdata folder or did a normal scan it can take upwards of 1 minute to get back from artist view or album view to the previous screen. XBMC shows it is working, then not responding and then works fine again.

The good news is that when I use MusicPump to select artists, albums and play them there is no lag in XBMC at all. So, it is definitely something related to the user interface within XBMC when switching screens. As I use MusicPump on a dedicated Android device specifically for playing music this situation is workable, though not ideal.

I also have problems with smooth video playback when the system has been on for a few days (with 12.3). Others have reported this does not go away with 13.2, so I will see.

Should I...

(1) Try and redo my system with OpenElec and eliminate the playback issues and GUI slowness, but lose all my artist images or...

(2) Stick with what I have got and find a way to shutdown and restart the system at night to (hopefully) eliminate the playback chopiness. Does someone have an add-on to do this?

Thanks!
Brian
Still having issues with jerky video. I've tried multiple combinations of video settings and none eliminate it on all files. VLC seems to play them okay, but when I use XBMC I get mixed results. Restarting seems to get things back to a good place, but not with everything I play.

Wondering if I should switch to OpenElec? I seem to recall reading some users had similar issues with Win7, but they went away with OpenElec. I realize I'm probably only speaking to a small group of users, but would love to hear if this is you.

Thanks,
Brian
I had this same problem (music library). Tried all manner of solutions from all over the forums. Tried stripping all Musicbrainz info from tags and paring down other info to only the very basics -- that worked for some artists but not others.

I have (tentative) success by manually moving the database from Frodo, then when I get the nag screen in Gotham I let it start to rescan but then immediately abort.

That has eliminated the nag screen and still allows me to update w/o ruining the existing artists' info, which was native behavior.

Not great, but functional.

BTW, tried this in the beta of Kodi and got the same (whoap, whoap, whoap, whoap, whoapa) Gotham-style behavior, so it appears we'll eventually have to get out libraries in a format that makes Gotham-Kodi happy. I have about exhausted all of my time for it for a while at the moment, however, esp given that I have a solution that at bothers me only some, instead of banging around in my head all day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo --> Gotham Destroyed my Music Library0