XBMC and Mac Firewall Popup
sounds like someone needs to make a simple xbmc addon that can do this on the fly. hint hint.
XBMC Firewall issue
So this is a collection of all the advice I found to solve the problem of Firewall Popup on XBMC
The first step is to obtaining a code signing certificate

In order to sign applications, you need to have a code signing certificate in your keychain.
If you're doing it just to modify applications for your own use (or you're a freeware or shareware developer who doesn't want the independent verification), you can generate your own certificate to use. This is done using the Keychain Access application, in the Utilities folder. Here's how:

1. Open Keychain Access.
2. Go to the Keychain Access menu, and under Certificate Assistant, choose Create a Certificate
3. Name your Certificate. (XBMC)
4. For Type, choose Self Signed Root.
5. Make sure Let me override defaults is checked and click Continue.
6. Under Serial Number, use a random number. Just make sure there is no other certificate on your system with the same name and serial number
7. Give yourself a sufficiently long validity period. For a little over 5 years, use 2000 days. For almost 11 years, choose 4000 days.
8. Under Certificate Type, choose Code Signing, and click Continue.
9. Enter your personal information on the next screen. Have fun with Organization and Organizational Unit. After all, this is for your own personal use. Don't use "Apple." I myself used something like "Orange Computer" for Organization and "Hacking Department" for Organizational Unit. Click Continue when all has been filled out.
10. For Key Pair Information, accept the defaults and click Continue.
11. For Key Usage Extension, accept the defaults and click Continue.
12. For Extended Key Usage Extension, accept the defaults and click Continue.
13. For Basic Constraints Extension, accept the defaults and click Continue.
14. For Subject Alternate Name Extension, accept the defaults and click Continue.
15. Use your "login" keychain to store the certificate and click Continue.
16. Now you have to set your certificate to be "trusted."
17. Go to your keychain, and right click (control click) on the new certificate you made and choose Get Info.
18. Open the triangle next to Trust.
19. Go down to Code Signing, and choose Always Trust.
20. Close the box. The system will ask for your admin password. Enter it and click OK.

Next step
Downloaded python 2.6 here extracted the zip file and copied FolderExtracted//Python-2.6.9/Mac/Resources/framework/Info.plist.in to /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/. I renamed the file from Info.plist.in to Info.plist and ran the self-sign code mentioned earlier in this thread.

Run the code sign command on the terminal app.

codesign -s XBMC -f --deep /Applications/XBMC.app/

First time you try it will fail. And your Mac should want to install Apple’s Command Line Install Tool. That's good let the computer install it. Once installed run the command on the terminal again. codesign -s XBMC -f --deep /Applications/XBMC.app/

Then verify that it worked by running
codesign -vvv /Applications/XBMC.app/

Last but not least is to go to System Preferences, Security&Privacy, Firewall. In Firewall Options, Add XBMX.app to "allow incoming connections” If you already have XBMC on the list delete it and then add it again

This should get you most of the way there. It worked for me. Good luck
Updating XBMC requires codesigning to be run again. It is easy to make a script for but I guess it's not possible to script firewall options to remove and add XBMC.app again to the allowed list?

E: It seems to be possible to edit fw allowed list via command line. Here are the commands for those who are interested
Code:
sudo /usr/libexec/ApplicationFirewall/socketfilterfw --remove "/Applications/XBMC.app"
sudo /usr/libexec/ApplicationFirewall/socketfilterfw —add "/Applications/XBMC.app"
When I run "codesign -s XBMC -f --deep /Applications/XBMC.app/", I get:

/Applications/XBMC.app/: replacing existing signature
/Applications/XBMC.app/: object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable

What am I doing wrong?

"cat /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/Info.plist" gives me the right code.

Thank you for your tips!

Edit: just to make it clear, I read this thread and tried the solutions to my problems. Didn't help... Also, this workaround DID work for me with 12.2 and 12.3.

Edit:

Success! The solution offered above (export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/codesign_allocate") didn't work with xcode 5.... After downloading xcode 4.6.3, everything went smoothly.

In case someone else will have the same problem.
Just a note that one does not necessarily need to download the python package. Python is included in OS X. The specific version might not be, I probably have some old versions still around from earlier versions of OS X, but in any case I found the necessary Info.plist from:

Code:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/Info.plist

Btw… One could argue that this rather simple file could be included with XBMC. It should be…
(2014-04-25, 20:24)chappy1978 Wrote: XBMC Firewall issue
So this is a collection of all the advice I found to solve the problem of Firewall Popup on XBMC
The first step is to obtaining a code signing certificate

In order to sign applications, you need to have a code signing certificate in your keychain.
If you're doing it just to modify applications for your own use (or you're a freeware or shareware developer who doesn't want the independent verification), you can generate your own certificate to use. This is done using the Keychain Access application, in the Utilities folder. Here's how:

1. Open Keychain Access.
2. Go to the Keychain Access menu, and under Certificate Assistant, choose Create a Certificate
3. Name your Certificate. (XBMC)
4. For Type, choose Self Signed Root.
5. Make sure Let me override defaults is checked and click Continue.
6. Under Serial Number, use a random number. Just make sure there is no other certificate on your system with the same name and serial number
7. Give yourself a sufficiently long validity period. For a little over 5 years, use 2000 days. For almost 11 years, choose 4000 days.
8. Under Certificate Type, choose Code Signing, and click Continue.
9. Enter your personal information on the next screen. Have fun with Organization and Organizational Unit. After all, this is for your own personal use. Don't use "Apple." I myself used something like "Orange Computer" for Organization and "Hacking Department" for Organizational Unit. Click Continue when all has been filled out.
10. For Key Pair Information, accept the defaults and click Continue.
11. For Key Usage Extension, accept the defaults and click Continue.
12. For Extended Key Usage Extension, accept the defaults and click Continue.
13. For Basic Constraints Extension, accept the defaults and click Continue.
14. For Subject Alternate Name Extension, accept the defaults and click Continue.
15. Use your "login" keychain to store the certificate and click Continue.
16. Now you have to set your certificate to be "trusted."
17. Go to your keychain, and right click (control click) on the new certificate you made and choose Get Info.
18. Open the triangle next to Trust.
19. Go down to Code Signing, and choose Always Trust.
20. Close the box. The system will ask for your admin password. Enter it and click OK.

Next step
Downloaded python 2.6 here extracted the zip file and copied FolderExtracted//Python-2.6.9/Mac/Resources/framework/Info.plist.in to /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/. I renamed the file from Info.plist.in to Info.plist and ran the self-sign code mentioned earlier in this thread.

Run the code sign command on the terminal app.

codesign -s XBMC -f --deep /Applications/XBMC.app/

First time you try it will fail. And your Mac should want to install Apple’s Command Line Install Tool. That's good let the computer install it. Once installed run the command on the terminal again. codesign -s XBMC -f --deep /Applications/XBMC.app/

Then verify that it worked by running
codesign -vvv /Applications/XBMC.app/

Last but not least is to go to System Preferences, Security&Privacy, Firewall. In Firewall Options, Add XBMX.app to "allow incoming connections” If you already have XBMC on the list delete it and then add it again

This should get you most of the way there. It worked for me. Good luck

FANTASTIC... its works

Thanks ... from FRANCE
Please continue discussion here (and consider testing the mentioned testbuild there please):

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1735681

- closed
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Mac Firewall Popup1