Has shutdown changed??
Has anyone else noticed that pressing shutdown has changed at some point recently?

It used to be - for me anyway - that pressing the shutdown menu button would perform the action chosen in settings somewhere. It could be to exit xvmc, shut down the whole system, standby etc.

Now, when I press the shutdown button a pop up menu is displayed, and I'll have to chose what I want to do which is really annoying...

I first thought it was the skin I used, but its like this on Confluence as well, and I can't seem to find the default action setting any where anymore either...

Am I going crazy or has the default shutdown action been removed?

(Using Mac Mini, Gotham 13.1 and latest Neon skin btw)
Noticed the same thing....and created a thread about it http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=197223 a moderator could possibly join these two?
The setting is under Settings->System->Power Saving but it's not working as it should for me.
It most likely depends on how the skin has it set up. I use Amber and I have the button set to just quit, no menu, and it still works for me in v13.0 and v13.1.
(2014-06-07, 20:54)Ned Scott Wrote: It most likely depends on how the skin has it set up. I use Amber and I have the button set to just quit, no menu, and it still works for me in v13.0 and v13.1.

Can you tell me how to change it or maybe point me in the right direction? I've poked around in the xml-files in the "\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.neon\720p-folder" of both Neon and Confluence without any success because I don't know what should be edited and how. Is that where I should be looking or am I in the wrong place?
On the settings for "System" - "Power Saving" there are some options. You have to have "Settings level" set to advanced or expert to see them.

Otherwise if you want to hack Confluence, in Home.xml you can find button id 20 which is the "power" button on the lower left. It is set to ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu) when you click on it. You could change this action to Quit or Shutdown for example. The contents of the ShutdownMenu window are defined in DialogButtonMenu.xml if you want to hack the menu window. Assume Amber does something similar.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2014-06-07, 23:46)scott967 Wrote: On the settings for "System" - "Power Saving" there are some options. You have to have "Settings level" set to advanced or expert to see them.

Otherwise if you want to hack Confluence, in Home.xml you can find button id 20 which is the "power" button on the lower left. It is set to ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu) when you click on it. You could change this action to Quit or Shutdown for example. The contents of the ShutdownMenu window are defined in DialogButtonMenu.xml if you want to hack the menu window. Assume Amber does something similar.

scott s.

Well that worked like a charm, for Confluence at least, so thank you for that! But I Can't seem to find that button in home.xml for the Neon skin though, maybe it's in another file for that skin?

Also, yes, forgot to mention that "advanced settings toggle" to dknudsen.
The guys developing the Neon skin has made a fix/update, bringing back the option to change it (advanced/expert level didn't reveal it before) Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has shutdown changed??0