Problem with Logo, Clearart, Disc and so on...
Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered but i couldn't find any clear answer here or via Google.

I have a very clean Movie Library in wwhich all movies are in a separate folder named <filename> (year)
In each folder the relevant mkv obviously named <filename> (year).mkv, its nfo and its basic art named
<filename> (year)-poster.png
<filename> (year)-fanart.jpg

Using the local scrapper, Kodi find these items correctly.

I also have the "extra" art named like so :
<filename> (year)-banner.jpg
<filename> (year)-clearart.png
<filename> (year)-disc.png
<filename> (year)-landscape.jpg
<filename> (year)-logo.png

Now here is my problem.
Kodi doesn't use them in the skins (i tried different ones).
I also tried to rename those 5 files by removing <filename> (year)- at the beginning.
It doesn't work either.

The only way i could kind of make it work is by using artworks downloader and forcing the use of local files. It take ages as for an unknown reason it seems to try to scrape theme on the net, BUT biggest issue it rename the files from <filename> (year)-disc.png to disc.png for example which i don't want.

So what am I missing here ? Is there an easy way to make it works like it works for posternd fanart (ie : at the initial scrapping) ?

Thanks for your help.
I don't think your missing anything, other than the naming of your files ('extra art') is not in a format which either Kodi or the skins uses. I don't use Artwork Downloader, but I think it is the only way the additional artwork can be retrieved - certainly Kodi doesn't natively.

Where did you source the original material, which won't work after removing the movie name and year? at that point you will probably have to force refresh as well following the change.

Is there a specific reason why you want your files named in such a manner, because if they are all in seperate folders, it doesn't really matter, other than of course for any OCD which may be lurking in the background.
(2015-02-24, 11:43)steelman1991 Wrote: I don't think your missing anything, other than the naming of your files ('extra art') is not in a format which either Kodi or the skins uses. I don't use Artwork Downloader, but I think it is the only way the additional artwork can be retrieved - certainly Kodi doesn't natively.

Where did you source the original material, which won't work after removing the movie name and year? at that point you will probably have to force refresh as well following the change.

Is there a specific reason why you want your files named in such a manner, because if they are all in seperate folders, it doesn't really matter, other than of course for any OCD which may be lurking in the background.

Thanks,

It seems indeed Artwork Downloader is the only way Sad , and for the naming i will indeed have to live with it. It wasn't totally OCD, but a convenient way to backup all of them in a separate folder. With the same name i also have to backup the folder which is not very convenient in any way.

I thnik the biggest issue is if you want to change one discart for example. You'll have to use Artwork Downloader again for ALL the library as i didn't see a way to use it on only one movie.
"Artwork Downloader" is certainly the easiest way to get mass amounts of extra artwork into the Kodi Library. The other individual item way is to use the choose art item in the movie information dialog - as per screenshot

Noli illegitimi carborundum

Ah yes, that's true. I didn't had those new entries before using Artwork Downloader so i assumed it was impossible to change them that way.

Thanks to both of you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Logo, Clearart, Disc and so on...0