json videolibrary.GetMovies and filters
Hi,

I'm using 13.1 and I'm wondering I can expect this filter to work on the JSON GetMovies:

{"jsonrpc": "2.0","method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovies", "params": {"properties": ["title", "director", "genre", "year", "plot", "playcount", "imdbnumber", "art", "file"], "sort": {"order": "ascending"}, "filter": {"field": "playlist", "operator": "is", "value": "playlist.xsp" }}, "id": "1"}

The json parses ok, but the filter seems to be ignored.

I know I can do a GetDirectory on a playlist using special://...playlist.xsp but when I've tried that, I don't know if the playlist contents are tv shows or movies, and so I can't built a one size fits all params->properties that gets me all the information I'm looking for.

I really don't want to resort to doing a getDirectory on the playlist and then executing json against each entry to get all the properties for that entry depending on if it is a tv show or a movie.

Hopefully this makes sense!

Thanks for any assistance!
Moved to Json subforum.
You have no choice Smile

There's no field playlist in GetMovies.

And you can ask for all needed parameters even if they are not existing for something it will return empty value, allowing you to find on your end if it's a show or a movie. (There's a type field too)
Thanks for the tip. I was trying to grab tv showed in getdirectory, but I see that is rightfully named just I'd here.. That was causing the parameters list to fail. Your tip set me straight.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
json videolibrary.GetMovies and filters0