Libre Computer Board
you guys seen this? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lib...wards_page
what do you think? i've backed a number of other boards and they've been fairly shitty (all have been allwinner chips and had little support) this looks better in the sense that it's not using AllWinner and it seems with some tweaking it should be able to run Pi images.. as to how easy that will be i've no idea

Quote:Le Potato will run both ARMv8, ARMv7, ARMv6 compiled code compiled on Linux. However, it requires a different boot loader and kernel to be installed on the MicroSD card for existing Raspberry Pi images to be bootable. We will provide tooling on Github to do this. If the software on the image is tailored to the features of a specific board, software work will need to be done to utilize the features of this board instead.
It won't run Pi images any more than any other non-pi arm platform.
Different GPU, bootloader, firmware, kernel and peripherals than Pi.
It looks more like Odroid-C2 clone, IMO amlogic kernels are quite buggy and have poor support.
Don't know why they are calling it "libre" tho, the board has MALI GPU which requires userspace binary-only library (libmali.so) to run properly,
there have been efforts to make opensource drivers (eg lima) but honestly I don't know whether those are usable.
(2017-07-19, 01:51)asavah Wrote: It looks more like Odroid-C2 clone.
Notice how there are no Benchmarks on the Kickstarter Website comparing this Le Potato to a C2.
You will find a mildly Overclocked (CPU & RAM) C2, that is thermally stable will be faster than this Le Potato.

And if you want to include words like "faster" - especially as it applies to embedded devices that may be used as servers.
You need to also measure Ethernet speeds. Le Potato 100M Fast Ethernet get slaughtered by C2's GigaE. Wink

(2017-07-18, 13:56)popcornmix Wrote: It won't run Pi images any more than any other non-pi arm platform.

I'm calling Bullshit on the ability to run Pi images as well. That Kickstarter Website is high on rhetoric and marketing speak to get their project off the ground.

Amlogic has Nougat for S905X?
Xiaomi have had Beta Nougat out for a while for the S905X Mi Box:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2571031

There have been 2 or 3 further Beta tester updates since then to select users. (Not me)

Then this:

http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox

Ok.
Obvious next question: Has anyone used/seen a *production* Nougat for Amlogic? Wink
(2017-07-20, 11:44)Koying Wrote: Ok.
Obvious next question: Has anyone used/seen a *production* Nougat for Amlogic? Wink

Why? Wink i bay some cheap t6 amlogic s905x with android 7 im wait to arrive....
(2017-07-18, 13:56)popcornmix Wrote: It won't run Pi images any more than any other non-pi arm platform.

"However, it requires a different boot loader and kernel to be installed on the MicroSD card for existing Raspberry Pi images to be bootable. We will provide tooling on Github to do this. If the software on the image is tailored to the features of a specific board, software work will need to be done to utilize the features of this board instead."

(2017-07-19, 01:51)asavah Wrote: It looks more like Odroid-C2 clone, IMO amlogic kernels are quite buggy and have poor support.
Don't know why they are calling it "libre" tho, the board has MALI GPU which requires userspace binary-only library (libmali.so) to run properly,
there have been efforts to make opensource drivers (eg lima) but honestly I don't know whether those are usable.

We have sponsored upstreaming of this board in mainline Kernel 4.13. It supports Android 6 through Android 8 unlike the ODROID-C2. We are also sponsoring the Lima Mali Utgard RE efforts. There's buildroots using Linux kernel 3.14 and 4.9.

(2017-07-19, 07:24)wrxtasy Wrote: Notice how there are no Benchmarks on the Kickstarter Website comparing this Le Potato to a C2.
You will find a mildly Overclocked (CPU & RAM) C2, that is thermally stable will be faster than this Le Potato.

This board handedly beats the ODROID-C2 on everything except the Gigabit Ethernet on the C2.

(2017-07-20, 11:44)Koying Wrote: Obvious next question: Has anyone used/seen a *production* Nougat for Amlogic? Wink

Amlogic's Nougat build is still not as stable as their Marshmallow build. The effort is focused on Oreo.
(2017-09-20, 00:06)librecomputer Wrote: "However, it requires a different boot loader and kernel to be installed on the MicroSD card for existing Raspberry Pi images to be bootable. We will provide tooling on Github to do this. If the software on the image is tailored to the features of a specific board, software work will need to be done to utilize the features of this board instead."

I hope you're the marketing guy, as what you say just make no sense. Just build a libreElec image for amlogic and put it on your board.
You're losing credibility by trying to associate your (yet another) amlogic board to RPI.

Also, you'd be well advised to not make such statement as "The effort is focused on Oreo".
We know that you receive a SDK from amlogic (the exact same one for every OEM), so unless you're quite the engineering team (which the RPI statements make me wonder), you won't be able to provide more than the countless other amlogic OEM's around...
@librecomputer, You also need to change your username per our Forum rules (wiki).

You can request a name change here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237108
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Libre Computer Board0