Release - [SteamOS] Xbmc repository

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
teeedubb Offline
Donor
Ah OK, its probably a XBMC mapping issue - check the log when you press some buttons.

BTW, how is the controller? I joined the hardware beta but its US only Sad

My Add-ons, only available for XBMC:
Steam Launcher|Music Party Mode|Reboot2oOS|Triple J Radio
find quote
Nerdy3.14159265 Offline
(2014-10-15 00:08)teeedubb Wrote:  Ah OK, its probably a XBMC mapping issue - check the log when you press some buttons.

BTW, how is the controller? I joined the hardware beta but its US only Sad

I'll check the log when I get the chance but it doesn't seem like it's having errors just that it's recognizing the keys weirdly.
I can navigate around with the left trackpad (which is arrow keys) and the right trackpad (which is mouse movement) but most of the actual button presses come up as numbers and other random things.

Also:
It's okay. We only received the first version of the controller so I haven't tried the newer models yet.

The right trackpad works fine for mouse movement, the only issue I really have with the controller is the left trackpad.
For movement you need something that tells you where your heading a little easier, so I'm happy they are adding a joystick on that side.
find quote
duhmojo Offline
Hey guys.

Anyone get a MCE remote working with XBMC in SteamOS? I have a NUC D34010 (the i3 model with the IR sensor included) and my MCE remote will work with both SteamOS big picture and XBMC only for navigation. (up/down/left/right) Everything else doesn't work. No OK/Enter, Back, etc...

I have no clue where to start. I looked into /usr/share/sbmc/system/Lircmap.xml and remote.xml. Doesn't matter what I change, naturally, because only the navigation buttons seem to be making their way through. irw and lirc don't seem to be available in the standard SteamOS and XBMC repos. Any tools included with XBMC I can use to test what inputs are being received?

Thanks!
find quote
duhmojo Offline
Ok I turned on debug in the XBMC UI, exited and started again. I've got a ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log that notes the input keys. I can clearly see OnKey and Keyboard scan codes for buttons I pushed. e.g. "play_pause", "return", etc... with actions like "select", etc...

How are these guys not hooked up?

Looking at the xbmc.log there's a "Failed to connect to LIRC." but at the "Loading special://xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml" I can clearly see that all the devices in Lircmap.xml are being loaded. e.g. "mceusb", etc...

Any ideas? Thanks.

Quick note, Back, Info and the Green button show up as "OnKey: 0 (0xf200)".

The "return" key has an action of "select" but nothing happens in XBMC. Sigh...
(This post was last modified: 2014-10-19 06:14 by duhmojo.)
find quote