Win [XBMCSubtitles]How to remove .en. from subtitle filename
As far as I know xbmc supports both [video_filename].[ext] and [video_filename].[lang].[ext] formats. "Other players" supports only first format.
Why is it a problem that we are able to change between supported subtitle filename formats (on save)?

Can someone summarize what is the main problem? What is "the bug" exactly in other players?
These aren’t the droids you’re looking for...
I think you should support because the previous version support it.
There is no previous version, it has been moved to core.

What individual addon did before is not a guarantee that core will do... Fape did a PR and now it's up to us to accept it or not. No ammount of whining and posts here will change that.

Out if all the people that use the subtitle feature only handful of you us complaining, is that enough to justify adding more complexity to already complicated subtitles setup? Dunno , we will find out soon
I also need this option back....its is important for dlna servers reading ext subs....I am up for testing!
I too would love to see this added back in, for the exact same reasons mentioned above: Subtitles doesn't show when streaming media in other players og via DNLA.
Or is there a fix already?

Thank you.
Kodi freezed features but i hope we ll get a fix for this one...
in my case I went back to the previous version of XBMC by this problem.
(2014-09-13, 05:44)TITIMEGA Wrote: in my case I went back to the previous version of XBMC by this problem.

I love gotham but if the "language to filename" wont come back i will return to frodo too Sad .I hope that someone with skills(not like myself) is doing something about it!
(2014-09-15, 17:03)wolfgr Wrote:
(2014-09-13, 05:44)TITIMEGA Wrote: in my case I went back to the previous version of XBMC by this problem.

I love gotham but if the "language to filename" wont come back i will return to frodo too Sad .I hope that someone with skills(not like myself) is doing something about it!

+1
its not going to help if you keep bumping this with +1 or +7k ... you need to wait for a proposed PR to be pulled in if team decides it needs to go in.
(2014-09-16, 08:52)amet Wrote: its not going to help if you keep bumping this with +1 or +7k ... you need to wait for a proposed PR to be pulled in if team decides it needs to go in.
Hi. Can you explain what that means?
Thank you.
Fape proposed a change and team needs to accept it or not, we will see what team s
decide on that
Hi Amet, is there a time frame for this decision?
The PR was rejected. Sorry guys.
These aren’t the droids you’re looking for...
Any addon that does this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCSubtitles]How to remove .en. from subtitle filename1