samsung remote remapping with CEC?
Hello,
I'm using raspbmc on my samsung plasma. I love that I can use my samsung remote, and for the most part it works for what I need (live TV mainly). I currently have the Pi plugged into my TV's USB port and it turns on when my TV turns on.

The problem is, it powers off completely as soon as I turn the TV off, causing raspbmc to give me warnings when I boot up next time. I'm worried that my SD card will become corrupted if I keep doing this.

What I want to do is remap just one of the buttons that will allow me to shut down the Pi prior to me powering down the TV.

I have no idea how remapping and all that works... Is there an easy to follow tutorial, or can someone guide me through getting this accomplished (in very very beginner terms)?

Ideally I want to press "RETURN" to go back to the main menu of confluence, and then "RETURN" again to bring up the shut down option.
bump. anyone can help with this? if this is the wrong forum area please let me know...
You can remap buttons by editing the keyboard.xml in your userdata folder. There's a lot of info in the wiki.
I doubt that you can remap the power button!

What you you want is to turn off your TV (from the remote) and leave the Pi working - is that right?

Go to Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter (or whatever it is in your config). There you should find "When the TV is switched off" with three options - Suspend, Shutdown and Ignore. Try switching it to Ignore.
And set the Settings Level to Standard or upper.
(2014-06-15, 23:26)NEOhidra Wrote: I doubt that you can remap the power button!

What you you want is to turn off your TV (from the remote) and leave the Pi working - is that right?

Go to Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter (or whatever it is in your config). There you should find "When the TV is switched off" with three options - Suspend, Shutdown and Ignore. Try switching it to Ignore.
And set the Settings Level to Standard or upper.

the problem is when the TV powers off, the USB port loses power too, causing the Pi to turn off incorrectly, giving me errors when I restart.
what I want to do is map a different button on my remote that I don't use (like the +/- or something), that would be a power off option for the Pi.

The wiki for the .xml file is helpful but its still way over my head. I know nothing about how to go about editing that file, or quite frankly how to even get there. I was hoping there was already a step by step beginning to end guide for it because I imagine this is something that many people need to do, but I'm not finding it.
Keymap Editor should help then.

So if you shut the Pi from the power menu it would not give any errors when its started again? Only when turning off the TV?
(2014-06-15, 23:37)NEOhidra Wrote: Keymap Editor should help then.

So if you shut the Pi from the power menu it would not give any errors when its started again? Only when turning off the TV?

oh nice didn't know there was an add-on gui version, i will give that a shot, thanks!

if I arrow over from the XBMC menu to the power button in XBMC and shut down I don't have a problem. If I hit the TV power button, next time I turn it on I get a warning saying "inappropriate shut down detected" or something along those lines. I corrupted my SD card once, I'm guessing because of this... trying to avoid it Smile

I can live with using the arrow keys to shut down, but too many family members won't get used to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
samsung remote remapping with CEC?0