cinemax never plays - just buffers
I am using xbmc with media server. I can watch most channels, except any of the cinemax channels. The video never plays, but just attempts to buffer, but never gets more the 25%. I can stream other channels that are 1080 and 5.1, so I don't see it being a bandwidth issue.

Any ideas?
Encrypted. It's a premium channel
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
fair enough, but showtime works? isn't showtime a premium channel too?
Depends on the provider and how they flag the channels
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
got it - thanks
your ServerWMC log will mention the copy protection status of the channel. PROT_COPY_FREE is what you want to see. If its COPY_ONCE or COPY_NEVER, we are out of luck on the ServerWMC/XBMC front, since only WMC is able to access those channels
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cinemax never plays - just buffers0