How many thumbnails?
(2014-06-13, 17:48)PatK Wrote: Frodo thumbnail 24.6 gigs
Gotham thumbnail 5.2 gigs

Same thumbnails, XBMC should have some auto clean-up utility.

I'm no dev myself, but I'd think it would be possible to use MilhouseVH's work as a base and add the thumb cleanup script to the "clean library" process.

There's even a few other things here and there that XBMC doesn't clean up over time, like really old video library DBs. Those are a bit harder to figure out if they should be deleted automatically or not, but eventually I'd hope XBMC will clean up a little better in the future. This could make for a great first-project for someone just getting into XBMC development ;)
What would make life easier is a flag in Textures13.db that identifies media library related artwork, so that non-media library cruft (addon/plugin related downloads, previews etc.) can be very quickly deleted, perhaps choosing artwork older than X days or artwork that hasn't been accessed/used for more than Y days.

A more thorough (and much slower) process comparing the cache with the media library ("deep clean") would then only need to be run very infrequently, if at all.

The existing library clean process could also remove artwork from the cache when removing each movie/episode, but of course this would have no benefit when using multiple clients and a centralised database as the artwork would remain in the cache of all the other clients. A "deep clean" would fix those clients though.

It would also help if any future clean/db flagging process also took extrathumbs/extrafanart into consideration.

There's also the background hashing process that could be extended to remove artwork from the cache whenever the artwork cannot be found in the local filesystem, although this type of change may need to be optional.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How many thumbnails?0