Help with <usetimeseeking>
Hi,

I have just set up an advancedsettings.xml as follows:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>
    <timeseekforward>120</timeseekforward>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 30. -->
    <timeseekbackward>-30</timeseekbackward>  <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -30. -->
    <timeseekforwardbig>600</timeseekforwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
    <timeseekbackwardbig>-600</timeseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

The file seems to work in that when I watch a long video, it jumps forward and back the 120 and -30 seconds as specified.

But when I watch a short video, it jumps forward and back a much smaller amount (I assume that its using the percentage value)

I understood that if i ise the <usetimeseeking>true (as above) it would always use the absolute timeseek values and never percentages. Have I done something stupid (as usual)

I am running Gotham 13.1 on Linux Mint 17 (64 bit)

Many thanks
From the wiki page:

"Use Time Seeking: By default, XBMC uses the time tags for videos above 20 minutes, and videos below 20 minutes will use the percentage tags. Set this to false to only use the percent tags regardless of video length (except for smallstepbackseconds, which has no percent counterpart)."

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._explained

So for videos below 20 minutes, XBMC will always use percentage time seeking. Setting usetimeseeking to true means that time seeking will be used for videos over 20 minutes. Setting it to false means those videos longer than 20 minutes will use percentage time seeking.
It's an odd setting that's thrown me for a long time, and there doesn't seem to be any method to force XBMC to always use a set time for seeking. *shrug*
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with <usetimeseeking>0