Android ios7 Video Airplay (sorry cannot find the answer)
Going back to when ios7 was released for Apple devices, I believe Airplay was rendered broken by this release (unless of course you don't upgrade your device to ios7 then Airplay will still work).

Moving on, this issue I believe was resolved by our favourite hero Memphiz in Gotham beta release for most platforms apart from Android.

I am trying to find if work is still ongoing to have Airplay fully fixed for Android when playing from ios7 devices? I can't find the answer anywhere in the forums. At the moment I can only stream audio to my two Android devices, the Airplay icon does exist on my ios7 device but it's a speaker symbol only, meaning only audio can be Airplayed and not video.
here doesn't seem to be many others asking this question which makes me wonder if the issue has actually been fixed and I'm the only one still suffering? Some extra details are given below, I'm experiencing the issue on TWO android devices:

Devices: OUYA 8GB and also PIVOS XIOS DS
XBMC version: have tried Gotham beta, have since upgraded to 13.0 and now 13.1
ios7.1 Devices: iPhone 4 (16GB) and iPad 3 (16GB)

Or perhaps other Andriod xbmc users have given up on xbmc airplay server and are using some other Airplay server app to facilitate Airplay?
Hoping someone can help with this, because this will ultimately influence the decision of the next device I buy. Airplay is very important in my home at the moment and I'd rather have Airplay and xbmc in one device than 2 separate boxes under each TV in my home.

Thanks for any replies.
Well there is no ongoing work - i kinda gave up on that. Though there are only a couple of lines of code missing but i didn't get it to work. Basically we need what the developer here claimed to have found. But i was not able to find/contact him - so until we don't have glue code for "DNSServiceUpdateRecord" in clientshim.c - it won't be solved for android.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/bonjour-...00011.html

and

http://lists.apple.com/archives/bonjour-...00017.html
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the reply Memphiz... but DAMN! I was hoping it wouldn't be too long until I was able to Airplay at will, just like in the good old (pre ios7) days.

If anyone has any alternative solutions (which don't involve HTPC or RPI) I'd love to hear them.
(2014-06-11, 14:57)Memphiz Wrote: Well there is no ongoing work - i kinda gave up on that. Though there are only a couple of lines of code missing but i didn't get it to work. Basically we need what the developer here claimed to have found. But i was not able to find/contact him - so until we don't have glue code for "DNSServiceUpdateRecord" in clientshim.c - it won't be solved for android.

http://lists.apple.com/archives/bonjour-...00011.html

and

http://lists.apple.com/archives/bonjour-...00017.html

Hi Memphiz

I have an update for you. Airplay with my Pivos XIOS DS (Android) build is working perfect. Video, audio, everything. Well apart from the official YouTube app but there's YouTube apps that work just fine.
It doesn't work with the Linux (the-hydra v13.1) but funnily enough works with Android version 13.1 apk downloaded from xbmc.org.
The very SAME apk installed on my OUYA / Fire TV does not result in Airplay working though. Very strange!

If this in anyway this can help to solve the issue please let me know if there's any log files or any other info I can provide.
No this is about something else. What i stated earlier is the fix needed for using Airplay with iOS7.x devices. And the solution is to find that person and get that code (the links i provided). What you are seeing is something else...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I am using ios7 devices, iphone and ipad both on ios7. Airplay using official xbmc 13.1 version works perfect on my XIOS but same version installed on fireTV / OUYA results in no Airplay. How can this be?
Then it worked perfect by accident. Let me clear this up one more time. The missing bit in the android version just ensures that on ios7 clients XBMC is seen as a video target. Without the code it is not ensured that this is the case and XBMC might end up beeing recognized as audio-only target on the ios7 client (you see only the speaker symbol not the monitor symbol). I mean ensured(!!!!) - that means without the missing code it can(!) work but there is no garanty that XBMC is always detected as video target.

Everything else which might not work is something different then.

Also keep in mind that zeroconf support was added in Gotham for android. Depending on what version of XBMC you are using on oya or firetv it might be missing zeroconf support (which is mendatory for airplay in the first place).
ok got it thanks, I should consider myself lucky that I have at least one device working in that case.

FYI - I am using the same official version 13.1 on all units, XIOS, fireTV and OUYA. airplay only works on the XIOS.

One more question..... 3rd party Android app developers have managed to get Airplay working. If one of those developers were to join team xbmc, or reveal their source code would this help?
Reveal their Source Code might...
Hi Memphiz

Want to send you a private message about Android / airplay.
Can you please let me know how I can do this as it seems like you have disabled PM.

Please get back to me - thanks.
memphiz at xbmc.org
email sent - pls get back to me.

Thanks.
once you guys reach a conclusion please can you update this thread as I have now subscribed. I only have audio on OUYA with the official xbmc 13.1 app from ios7 too
I'm working on the similar situation.

my android airplay receiver also only receive IOS7 audio. but there are already some android TV box devices support the airplay receiver from IOS7.
I have an OUYA in the bedroom which works perfectly apart from this. I want to switch the PI in the patio out for another OUYA but without video this isn't a viable option. The PI drags but the reality is that when we have a party everyone loves the fact they can connect to the PI and show videos photos etc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ios7 Video Airplay (sorry cannot find the answer)1