Where is ram timeshift stored?
Hi,

I've just tested vdr and vnsi since tvheadend doesnt work well with timeshift. I am using a cubietruck (arm server) as headless vdr server. When I enable timeshift to file I see the file in the vdr recording dir. But when I switch to ram i dont see an increase of ram usage. Is the ram used on server or client side?

Regards
zeebee
It is allocated on the server.
Thanks. Is there a possibility to give timeshift a specific folder? Have searched for quite some time but couldn't find anything.
(I only have 2gig ram on the cubietruck and don't want the hdd to spinup always, so I'd like to use an sdcard for timeshift)
Yes, there is a parameter "vnsiserver.TimeshiftBufferDir" in setup.conf. You can easily change using the vdr UI and enter vnsiserver plugin setup.
I have my timeshift buffer on an external hdd mounted via USB2. This works well but don't try a NTFS formatted disk.
I cannot acces the VDR UI on my cubie, so I have to enter it manually in the config file. Thanks for the parameter! My sdcard is ext3 formatted, so there should be no problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where is ram timeshift stored?0